Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

LETS REVERS THE CALL THE UMP SCREWED UMP..SAME BACK LASH ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
With all these posts and articles about how bad the umps call was made me think. Would he still be getting the same heat for the bad call if it was the other way around ? and would Bud get the grind to reverse the call too..

lets say the player was safe by a mile and the ump called him out just to give the pitcher the out to get the perfect game. would we be talking about him making a bad call just to finish the game?.

the other game that made me think of this was the GIANTS (sanchez )pitcher last year that got the no-hitter , with the last out was a called strike three on a high pitch...

ideal0024

Jan 22, 2009
Maplewood, MN
There is no way Selig could have reversed that call, it would have set off a fire of craziness.

If anyone should be asking for them to reverse a call after the game is over it should be the Twins. The blown call at the end of last nights game cost them a chance for win & based on the past two seasons, one win is a big deal to them.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
ideal0024 said:
There is no way Selig could have reversed that call, it would have set off a fire of craziness.

If anyone should be asking for them to reverse a call after the game is over it should be the Twins. The blown call at the end of last nights game cost them a chance for win & based on the past two seasons, one win is a big deal to them.

1 win vs 1 perfect game....I think the perfect game would deserve the reverse more.

Either way I'm glad to see they kept it as is, even if it was a terrible call.

ideal0024

Jan 22, 2009
Maplewood, MN
Fandruw25 said:
ideal0024 said:

1 win vs 1 perfect game....I think the perfect game would deserve the reverse more.

A potential for a team to make the playoffs or not....or a personal achievement???

Twins finished in a tie for their division the last two years, 1 win is a big deal for them.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Fandruw25 said:
ideal0024 said:

Are you serious? So a personal accomplishment is now more important than a team win that could potentially affect a team making the playoffs come the end of the year??

And I fully agree that you can't reverse one and not even consider the other, and I've been saying this in threads all day long...and I'm a Mariners fan and agree that Wilson was clearly out.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
He'd still be getting heat for blowing the call either way, but in that case the pitcher would probably be catching shrapnel for it, too, through no fault of his own. His name would be in the books with a perfect game, but everyone would know it wasn't. I'd rather have a halo than shrapnel scars.

But look at it like this. This will probably lead to instant replay, maybe next year, maybe even in these playoffs. This one blown call will do more to correct all future calls than anything else.

Members online

Latest posts