Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay ID jet0002au - Anyone recognize this ID?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
I have never had an eBay problem that I felt was totally uncalled for (I have 100% feedback there and on here) and I would like to avoid such an occurence. I list all of my items exactly as they are and specifically advise buyers to message me with any questions. I use scans of the exact cards to show condition and like I said I encourage buyers to message me if they have a question and I always respond with as much detail as possible... more than I usually get from sellers, I know that. The problem is that some buyers expect every card to come straight out of the pack in Pristine 10 form. I have no control over the fact that Topps packaged a card with a slight problem but yet this buyer expects a refund for surface issues. I am looking for any advice from fellow sellers and also to give sellers an opportunity to BLOCK a bidder that obviously will demand a refund if you don't send him a 9.5 or better.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Were the surface issues visible in the scan and did you disclose those issues in the description? Scans are great but not every flaw is going to show up in a scan and buyers do have a right to know up front if there is any kind of damage. True, they can email you to ask but when there is damage, they really shouldn't have to as it should be right there in writing already. That is what will prevent potential problems.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Did the same to me, I just had him send card back, gave refund and moved on.

Problem is, I just bought a card myself, and although I do not expect pristine condition, it' looks like someone had fried chicken for dinner then started sorting cards. Prints everywhere. Absolutely disgusting, not sure if I should send back, or try to clean myself. I am surprised that someone would ship something in that condition let alone charge $3.00 for PWE that cost them .64.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
Were the surface issues visible in the scan and did you disclose those issues in the description? Scans are great but not every flaw is going to show up in a scan and buyers do have a right to know up front if there is any kind of damage. True, they can email you to ask but when there is damage, they really shouldn't have to as it should be right there in writing already. That is what will prevent potential problems.

I didn't see a scratch that warranted concern. Appeared mint to my eye but I listed quite a few cards that day. Judge for yourself...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1154

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Exposfan said:

Problem is, I just bought a card myself, and although I do not expect pristine condition, it' looks like someone had fried chicken for dinner then started sorting cards. Prints everywhere. Absolutely disgusting, not sure if I should send back, or try to clean myself. I am surprised that someone would ship something in that condition let alone charge $3.00 for PWE that cost them .64.

I am blocking him from here on out and would SUGGEST OTHERS DO THE SAME!

As for your situation... Was the card 2010 Bowman Chrome? I had a local buyer get a case from me and every refractor looked like it had a film of grime over it, possibly similar to your "fried chicken" stains. I helped him pack them all up and send back to Topps.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
The scan looks fine. Like I said though, many times scratches will not show up in a scan. I normally purchase vintage and have not seen scratches in the scan or in the item description and even when I get them in hand I do not see them looking straight on but see them when the card is tilted. I recently sold a bat card that had a soft corner that just did not show up in the scan at all but was easy to see when in hand. I just made sure I included that in the description and it actually went for a little more than I thought and the buyer was happy.

People all have different preferences with cards. I need to have mine centered but have no issue with soft corners. (Again, I like vintage, especially pre-war). This guy might be crazy about the surface on his cards. Who knows. Also, when it comes to a condition, (NM/MT, EX, G), it's all subjective. What's VG to one guy is G to the next so that's kind of a wishy washy area to get into.

I would just make sure you note ANYTHING and inspect the card as if your life depended on it and then note it in the item description. At least then they guy knows and won't bid. I'm getting rid of most of my modern and can't wait to be done so I don't have to worry about over anal buyers.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Exposfan said:

That's the super rare KFC edition.

jet0002

Aug 7, 2008
Pelham, AL
The id is mine. I do not expect gem mint cards, but both cards mentioned have significant surface scratches. I have never had problems with any other cards I have bought before. Check my feedback too. I buy a lot more and sell more than the seller complaining here. It's just when I spend $100+ on a card, I don't expect to receive it with a couple of scratches that go the length of the card. If I sell a card in that condition, I make sure to disclose it to the buyer. If you as a seller decide not to disclose the information, then don't be upset when buyers ask for refunds.

jet0002

Aug 7, 2008
Pelham, AL
RiceLynnEvans75 said:

Neither cards in question showed the scratches in the scan. But when they were in hand they were visible.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
i've said it before and i'll say it again. if you expect a card to have a particular grade, buy a graded card. if you buy a raw card, expect that it might have some minor issues. luckily i have never had an issue with someone complaining about condition of a card though. i provide clear scans, never list any type of condition of any card sold, if a buyer asks about what i think it will grade, i simply tell them i'm not a card grader and the same thing i mentioned first here. if your buying a raw card, your getting exactly what you ask for...a raw card. if someone doesn't want to bid on any of my auctions then thats fine, so be it. i don't open cards and resell them as a job anyway.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Why is everyone getting their ******* in a bunch? A guy bought a card and the auction had a scan without visable flaws. Nor was a description offered explaining said visable flaws. He receives card with visable flaws. Refund the guy, what the hell kind of a seller are you?

jet0002

Aug 7, 2008
Pelham, AL
Exposfan said:
You didnt spend $100, don't lie. The cards are pack fresh, you want gradeable then buy GRADED IMO.

I didn't want gradeable. And yes the Wheeler was $100. I don't care how much it costs. If you choose not to disclose flaws that aren't visible in the scan, then don't get upset when someone asks for a refund.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Surface scratches are commonplace on 2010 Bowman Chrome cards. There wasn't anything I did to make the card in worse condtition then when it was pulled from the pack. My item description says all cards nr-mt or better.

Its obvious I am not the only person that was discouraged by how the transaction went.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Outing people on the message boards should be a last resort.

I never have done this and I pray I never have to.

I'm like Costco when I sell something If they want to return it I've learned to not ask questions and I just move on,

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Exposfan said:
Surface scratches are commonplace on 2010 Bowman Chrome cards. There wasn't anything I did to make the card in worse condtition then when it was pulled from the pack. My item description says all cards nr-mt or better.

Its obvious I am not the only person that was discouraged by how the transaction went.

But, as a seller, the only persons opinion that should matter is the buyers.

And although surface scratches are more common this year, it is still NOT a charesteristic of a pack fresh, nr-mt or better card. It's a card that came out of a pack with surface damage. It should be listed as such by any seller with integrity.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I didnt call you out, I merely responded to someone else's post. I have over 10,000 other feedbacks as a seller, many repeat customers, that would speak to the fact of quality of the cards I ship out. Once again, your card wasn't MINT enough for you. buy graded then.

Mat I believe pack fresh is considered nr-mt or better, I dont say Mint or better-in my listings. The card I sent out would quailfy under those grading(PSA 8+, or BGS 8.5) guidelines so I shipped what the buyed should have expected from my listing.

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
I would think that with the internet/Ebay being around as long as it has, everyone should know by now that a scan will not show every single minor flaw that a card has.
My feelings lean towards the seller here.
If you are that particular with the cards you purchase, either buy graded cards or buy your cards in person where you can inspect it to your satisfaction rather than over the internet.
With that said it's up to you how you deal with this. Refund his money and move on or stand your ground. Is it worth taking a chance Paypal will side with him?
Regardless I'm glad you posted this because I intend to block this Ebayer.
Nothing personal against the buyer, I just don't want to deal with nitpicky buyers.
One man's NM/MT is another man's Paypal chargeback.
My feelings with purchasing anything over the internet, phone or newspaper sight useen.......buyer beware.
David

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
Only thing I'm wondering is does the seller agree there was a scratch on the card ? The scan does look pretty clear, but I know it will not pick up everything.

The trouble I have with situations like this is, who is to say the buyer didn't scratch the card ? Not saying that happened here, but its something to think about.

This all sums up to the reason why graded cards exist. A 3rd party to at least judge the card before you buy. I'm not sure who is in the right and wrong here. Both side have good points.

Members online

Latest posts