Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strasburg's card schedule for upcoming Topps issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Heard from two different distributors today and they both told me the following regarding what products Stras will be in and what type of cards he will have.

DO NOT TAKE THIS AS 100 PERCENT FACT YET, ITS WHAT I WAS TOLD BY TWO DIST. TODAY
Gilmore, can you back any of this up?

I was told by both that he will be in Ginter, Topps Chrome and 206 with base rookies and autos. Was also told one of those (probably was 206) will have his first MLB game used cards.

Neither made mention of Tribute or BC but its pretty clear he will be in there.

I know we pretty much assumed he would be in everything starting with Tribute (July) as Ginter was cutting it close to his debut. But he appears to be in Ginter too (was told that the cards have already been printed) and also seems like he will have an auto in most, if not all.

Both dist. told me they heard this straight from Topps today.
Again, this is what I heard from two different distributors, if it turns out wrong, you can insert the Price is Right losing theme.....now____________________

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Fully expected him to be in Ginter and every Topps issue this year now. I haven't checked, but is ginter doing 1/1 wood cards and artist original sketch cards? Will be interesting to see the Ginter hardcore collectors battle it out for all the rare Cashburg cards in the set.

starwarsfan2003

Dec 4, 2008
I definitely agree it will be a great move if he's added to Ginter. Please tell me If I'm wrong, but the Danika Patrick cards in 06 Ginter were just as hot out the gate no???

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
starwarsfan2003 said:
I definitely agree it will be a great move if he's added to Ginter. Please tell me If I'm wrong, but the Danika Patrick cards in 06 Ginter were just as hot out the gate no???

No doubt her cards were hot, but to be "Just as hot" as Strasburg is a pretty good challenge...

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
ThoseBackPages said:
Fantastic!!!!

I hope they put him on the packaging of every 2010 release from here on out
So do I. I don't know that you can flood the market with as hot as he is. Sure down the line the cards would take a hit but you gotta take the sales where you can.