Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why is Logan Morrison so cheap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Disclaimer: I own nothing of Logan Morrison.

Dude's the complete package. He's a monster. He's played 22 games this year in AAA, stroking 3HR 15RBI and a SB.

OPS is over .900
BA is .303
7 doubles, including two tonight. In 22 games, mind you.
This is the thing that gets me. 14:11 BB:K ratio. Fantastic plate discipline.

What can't this guy do? He hits for power, hits for average, plays solid defense, has great plate discipline, and runs well for his size. I can go out on the market and grab a chrome for $15-20 and a refractor auto for $25ish. He's at AAA. A call-up is very likely this season. Best kept secret in prospecting, or is there something I'm missing here?

Ant

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Probably a good pick up for a quick flip. Long term, eh, I don't know. Doesn't strike me as a superstar. Reminds me of Lyle Overbay. Look at Overbay's 2002 season in AAA.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
aaron41984 said:
Probably a good pick up for a quick flip. Long term, eh, I don't know. Doesn't strike me as a superstar. Reminds me of Lyle Overbay. Look at Overbay's 2002 season in AAA.

Seems like a Mark Grace kind of guy to me. Great approach, great BB:K ratio, big doubles hitter, with the pop to hit some longballs (probably more-so than Grace). The kind of guy that was made to hit in the 3 hole and anchor a lineup. I think the trifecta of Hanley, Morrison, Stanton is going to do a lot of damage in the National League for a long time.

For the record, I also don't see how his prices are so low for being a top 25 prospect. Still seems like a great buy, especially considering the way cards of big name prospects have gone nuts this year when they have debuted.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
His bat profiles to be a solid major league bat...

But if he became a superstar it would suprise a ton of people.

This game is all about hype, and often solid and stable gets overlooked for flashy and project-able.

southeastjerome

Aug 8, 2008
It's simple for me why he is so cheap and IMO comes down to the injuries he had.People forgot about him as an elite 1B. At one poin his 08 chrome was red hot and I was getting 75.00 per blue ref non auto. He will be more then fine in the long run and better than ppl think in the majors. Also it won't hurt to have stanton and hanley in the same lineup either.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It's a virtual certainty he'll make today's BA Hot Sheet in some capacity, so maybe his cards won't be quite so affordable for much longer.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
After today's games Morrison is 11 for his last 27 (equates to a .407 batting average) including 4 doubles and 5 walks.

Season BB to K ratio is 14:11

Triple-A Season OPS is now over .950 and his overall OPS is pushing 1.000

sportsfanatic92

Aug 7, 2008
EVERYBODY SHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I've been out of prospecting for about a year but just got back in,
2 Blue Ref AUs
3 Base Chrome AUs
1 Ref AU
so far.... if theres more threads like this I wont have a shot to get more :|

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
ThoseBackPages said:
John, close your eyes.....

hes in Florida, hobby death

Mike Stanton disagrees.

Not that anyone in the minors is as good of a prospect as Stanton... but if his base autos can sell for $125, one would think a guy like Morrison, whose chrome autos can be had for $15 or so, has a lot of room for growth.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
ThoseBackPages said:

Mike Stanton disagrees.

Not that anyone in the minors is as good of a prospect as Stanton... but if his base autos can sell for $125, one would think a guy like Morrison, whose chrome autos can be had for $15 or so, has a lot of room for growth.

chicks dig the long ball.

Morrison doesnt seem to have the long ball.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
ThoseBackPages said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
ThoseBackPages said:

Mike Stanton disagrees.

chicks dig the long ball.

Morrison doesnt seem to have the long ball.

True, his swing is more built for linedrives rather than flyballs so he'll probably be more of a hit for great average and hit a lot of doubles guy than a hit 50 homeruns guy.

But still, less than $20 dlvd for a chrome auto?

Members online

Latest posts