Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's more profitable? Team lots or player lots?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
So, I have a bunch of base around my house.

Some of it is sorted into teams. I've got about 100-200 per team, with so much more to go.

Just wondering, would it be more profitable to keep the lots into teams, or break them into player lots?

With player lots, I might do better with certain players, then left with the non-stars that no one really wants. I suppose I can always put the player lots into team lots when the better players are gone, however.

If team lots are the way to go, how can I list them effectively for an auction setting?

I've done well with one sale by the BIN/BO, while getting hammered on the only auction style I listed. I guess it all depends on who sees it.

Here's the auction that I got hammered on. By the way, the lots aren't just base. There's usually a GU or two in there, along with FY chromes, refractors, inserts, etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MESOX:IT

And the auction that I did well on was a Tampa Bay Rays 100ish card lot. Got about $23 via BIN/BO. It had one autograph, one GU, a few inserts, and base.

Just looking for opinions. Thanks! :)

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
Just off the top of my head, I would think the most profitable way would be through team lots, with BINs. If you have 101 cards of a certain team you might get $10 for one good card but .10 per for the other 100 and be fortunate. Without the star power of a good card driving the lot, you might never sell the 100 lot of team duds, and you're not stuck with anything. Even if you get .02 for them ($2), it's more than you would get if they are unsellable.

I'd rather get $12 and move all 101 cards than get $10 but still have 100 cards no one wants.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Zithy said:
Just off the top of my head, I would think the most profitable way would be through team lots, with BINs. If you have 101 cards of a certain team you might get $10 for one good card but .10 per for the other 100 and be fortunate. Without the star power of a good card driving the lot, you might never sell the 100 lot of team duds, and you're not stuck with anything. Even if you get .02 for them ($2), it's more than you would get if they are unsellable.

I'd rather get $12 and move all 101 cards than get $10 but still have 100 cards no one wants.

Agree. I value your input.

I put up about 4 BINs, and the one that sold was the only one that had any offers/interest.

Perhaps it's the way I'm listing them? Perhaps there should be some keywords?

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Skorris CCBC said:
Zithy said:

I put up about 4 BINs, and the one that sold was the only one that had any offers/interest.

Yah, you need to put some names in there man. People will assume they're getting absolute junk unless they're told otherwise.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
Skorris CCBC said:
Zithy said:

Yah, you need to put some names in there man. People will assume they're getting absolute junk unless they're told otherwise.

I really wish eBay would give me more title characters in this situation, as I list the contents in the description. But no one will see the description if it's poorly labeled.

I think the Mets one, that didn't sell well was, "New York Mets 108 Card Lot Inserts Refractors GU" or something like that. Take out Inserts & Refractors and add Wright or Santana or something?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts