Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA Hot Sheet Prediction Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Lots of great performances this past week, but as far as I'm concerned, no one holds a candle to Julio Teheran and his 14 K performance last weekend. I'm picking him as the #1 dawg this week.

Other names I expect to see on the Hot Sheet or Team Photo, in no particular order, are:

Nolan Arenado
Mike Trout - Top 5 guy for me, maybe Top 3.
Mike Stanton
Jon Singleton
Dustin Ackley -- Top 3 on the Hot Sheet for me. Amazing comeback.
Nick Franklin
Steve Lombardozzi
Logan Morrison
Dom Brown
Drew Cumberland -- Staggering week, even for the CAL.
Mike Minor -- Top 5 easy.
Garrett Richards
Jake McGee -- Another Top 5 for me, maybe Top 3. Two great starts.
John Lamb
Tyler Matzek
Stephen Strasburg -- His final appearance. Might hit Top 5.

Helium Watch -- Robbie Ross

Man Among Boys -- Carlos Torres (White Sox)

Let me know who I missed.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Your list sounds good to me! Singleton really needs to make the hotlist this time. It was a crime that he didn't make last week's sheet.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Jaypers said:
Lots of great performances this past week, but as far as I'm concerned, no one holds a candle to Julio Teheran and his 14 K performance last weekend. I'm picking him as the #1 dawg this week.

Other names I expect to see on the Hot Sheet or Team Photo, in no particular order, are:

Nolan Arenado
Mike Trout - Top 5 guy for me, maybe Top 3.
Mike Stanton
Jon Singleton
Dustin Ackley -- Top 3 on the Hot Sheet for me. Amazing comeback.
Nick Franklin
Steve Lombardozzi
Logan Morrison
Dom Brown
Drew Cumberland -- Staggering week, even for the CAL.
Mike Minor -- Top 5 easy.
Garrett Richards
Jake McGee -- Another Top 5 for me, maybe Top 3. Two great starts.
John Lamb
Tyler Matzek
Stephen Strasburg -- His final appearance. Might hit Top 5.

Helium Watch -- Robbie Ross

Man Among Boys -- Carlos Torres (White Sox)

Let me know who I missed.

Brett Lawrie and Lorenzo Cain

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Koby Clemens had quite a week going .430+ with 3 HR, and that includes two 0-4 games. But he's not really a prospect at this point.

Trout and Ackley are good calls for top-5. The BA love for Ackley clearly hasn't left since he left UNC, and his bat appears to be hitting pro pitching...finally.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
Singleton may not make it since it looks like pitchers are avoiding him over the last two games, no hits but 5 walks...
His OPS is just sick.

If pitchers are avoiding one of the youngest players in the league, clearly he is doing something right.

1.179 OPS on the season and would be leading in SLG if his ABs qualified. If I was a Phillies fan, I'd be pretty excited about this kid's plate tools. Good eye, good average, good power...and 18 in low-A.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
200lbhockeyplayer said:
phillyfan0417 said:
Singleton may not make it since it looks like pitchers are avoiding him over the last two games, no hits but 5 walks...
His OPS is just sick.

If pitchers are avoiding one of the youngest players in the league, clearly he is doing something right.

1.179 OPS on the season and would be leading in SLG if his ABs qualified. If I was a Phillies fan, I'd be pretty excited about this kid's plate tools. Good eye, good average, good power...and 18 in low-A.

Very excited about this kid. Loved the pick when it was made. Phillies seem to draft one guy every year who was highly regarded until his senior season.

One thing I read about singleton was during his senior year, he had to "slow" down his approach due to inferior pitching, not sure how much stock to put into that.

koch1974

Aug 29, 2009
Not sure how Ryan Kalish wont be mentioned after the week he had. Especially with the promotion to AAA. Tough to stay under the radar when that happens.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
loftlife said:
My Top 5 in order...

1. Teheran
2. McGee
3. Trout
4. Ackley
5. Cumberland

Good list, but I think Minor will rank higher than Cumberland.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I personally think G.Richards should be in the top 5, as he went:

6ip, 4-hits, 0ER, 0HR, 0BB, 11K's, & got the "W"

That is VERY impressive in 6-inning's to strike out 11 batter's & walk none!

I agree with JP that Minor definitely should get a top 5 spot (if not top 2) being that he did almost exactly as G.Richards did, though Minor completed his performance two level's higher than Garret (Richards is Low-A & Minor is Double-A with only 5 months age difference seperating the 2).

Minor's performance:

8ip, 3-hits, 0ER, 0HR, 2BB's, 11K's, & got the "W" (Excellent outing)!

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
saw Ackley play Tuesday night. his bat is sick. He was hitting Oppo and slicing the ball. He was robbed one time by a great diving play. He is not that big btw.. skinny guy

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
Jaypers said:
loftlife said:
Dumb question... what is the time period measured... Friday - Thurs right?

Correct.

Cool... so with that said... I screwed up and I was counting Minor's game on the 27th... so now I am changing my order.

My Top 5 in order...

1. Teheran
2. McGee
3. Minor
4. Trout
5. Ackley

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts