Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bryce Harper Bowman Chrome Undervalued???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
I was thinking after reading a post about all of the Strasburg cards that will be flooding the market soon within the upcoming new Topps releases (206, A&G, Chrome etc) but what about Harper? Since he will not be/can't be used in every set like Stras will (over-saturated marketplace anyone), Harpers card in comparision to the Strasburg should even garner more attention as this will be his first Bowman Chrome card....Am I wrong in thinking this? I also feel that the Harper USA Chromes are short printed as there seem to be much more of the Stras pulled on all of the breaks I have seen??? Thoughts?

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Yes, Harpers, as all of the USA cards, are short printed compared to the other prospect chrome cards.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I agree, and it is a fact that the Harper is short printed compared to the Stras.

You get 5-6 Stras chrome per case versus 1-2 on average for the harpers.

On the other hand, the Stras is more expensive cause he is more hyped as of right now.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
i agree as it def. seems that way. Though it could also be a case of the Harper being valued correctly with some room to grow and the Strasburg just being insanely overvalued.

Strasburg's just gotten so much hype and publicity. Have to imagine people that mainly collect other sports or don't even usually collect cards are picking these up......so I think it'll be some time before Harper gets to that point. I know it's weird because everyone on this board has known/followed him for some time, but I was on a Red Sox board the other day (with knowledgeable baseball fans) and they were having a discussion about Harper and the majority hadn't even heard of him until like a week ago.

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
so I was right about the Harpers being shortprinted...and with the Draft coming up and his being on SI cover, and now ESPN article....I think those prices are going to rise....especially his chrome, and colored parallels...He is a Boras client and signing might take a little longer....

chrome_ball

Aug 7, 2008
Michigan
SouthSideSluggers said:
so I was right about the Harpers being shortprinted...and with the Draft coming up and his being on SI cover, and now ESPN article....I think those prices are going to rise....especially his chrome, and colored parallels...He is a Boras client and signing might take a little longer....

The Harpers aren't shortprinted compared to the other USA chromes, but all of the USA chromes are short printed compared to the prospect chromes.

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
so all of the USA chrome cards are shortprinted, that should mean a nice bump for Tallison and Machado cards as well down the road as it will be their first chrome cards...do you think these will be considered the "RC"(not MLB's version of RC) or first year cards? What about the USA sets will those sales dip because of Chrome and subsequent sets coming out?

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Personally I think Harper needs to be in a MLB uniform for him to garner the attention of Strasburg.

Allen

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
originally i didnt think the bowman usa cards would garner much demand compared to the player in his team uniform that he will get later in the year. But with the mark of 1st bowman chrome card on the usa chromes i think these will be the ones that are sought after as there first rookie card.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
It appears to be that next year autos fetch more... so if you end up buying and holding the first chromes... you get left holding the bag when the auto comes out... JMHO

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
i 100 % agree, ive been buying the 777 when i can.
also, anyone notice there has been no purple harpers yet?
seems odd.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The USA set, which contains Harper, Taillon, Pomeranz, etc., are not a part of the Chrome set, but a separate insert. For whatever reason, they decided not to do Purple refs of USA cards. Be pretty sweet if they did, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts