Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Look at this auction and decide for yourself!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Unless I'm blind, I don't see shilling.
So, in turn, I have a question for you. What makes you think there is shilling on this?

tasmemphis

Mar 27, 2010
If they dont stop bidding it up its gona be at 5000 before day 1 of a 10 day auction.I think they should slow it down
spread them bids out play the game right. :lol:

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
Don't mean to hijack but did you see the red 1/1 Stras that a guy bought for $1000 BIN? Its at $5000+ with a couple days left!

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
tasmemphis said:
Some serious shill bidding going on.They may have been the one that invented shill bidding. let see what you guys thinks!!!!!!I have tears in my eyes!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Bowman-Chrome- ... 720wt_1139

Do you know what shill bidding is? I'm going to assume you don't, because there is not a single ounce of evidence that suggests there is shill bidding going on here...absolutely ZERO. Please, I'd love to hear why you think it's shilled...

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
trademhigh said:
So, in turn, I have a question for you. What makes you think there is shilling on this?

several bids early on with no competing bids DOES make it look sketchy

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
trademhigh said:

several bids early on with no competing bids DOES make it look sketchy

Considering it's only Day 1 of the auction, and all the bids afterwards shows that this card would have hit that regardless. It also easily could have been someone else doing some incrimental bidding which in turn shows each "bid" by that person, wherein his max was probably $1000.

tasmemphis

Mar 27, 2010
man I make my living at auctions I know all about this 100% shill bidding has taken place.bidder.if its
your buddy just say so. THEY GOT SOME BAIT HOOKED AT 3300.00 FOR A THIRD YEAR CARD. :lol: :lol:
bidder 1 42% bid activity w seller
bidder 2 22%
bidder 3 7%
bidder 4 0% :(
bidder 5 0%
6 2%
7 0%
8 7%
9 0%
10 13%
11 33%
the high bidder has 0 with the seller.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
tasmemphis said:
man I make my living at auctions I know all about this 100% shill bidding has taken place.bidder.if its
your buddy just say so. THEY GOT SOME BAIT HOOKED AT 3300.00 FOR A THIRD YEAR CARD. :lol: :lol:
bidder 1 42% bid activity w seller
bidder 2 22%
bidder 3 7%
bidder 4 0% :(
bidder 5 0%
6 2%
7 0%
8 7%
9 0%
10 13%
11 33%
the high bidder has 0 with the seller.

So which of these is your "questionable" ones?

Bidder 1?? Has 42% because his first handfull of bids are with this seller, which could have easily been counted if someone bid incrementally, thus counting each one as a "bid". Nevermind this buyer also has bid on 9 total items from NINE different sellers. If he was shilling for someone, he'd be bidding most likely on multiple items from this buyer.

Bidder 11?? Because he has three total bids, and one is here, therefore that equals out to 33%.

Hate to break it to you, but you need to look at MORE than just the percentages, as that does not tell the full story.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
Not true always.

A guy bid up one of my items that I have for sale right now in 10 dollar increments until he was the leading bidder. Don't put it past a bidder out there to do it on this auction.

tasmemphis

Mar 27, 2010
ok its just ironic that several buyers have done no bidding the last 30 days and all of a sudden bid on this item..

tasmemphis

Mar 27, 2010
hold that thought Im listing my Heyward super.this is turning out to be interesting with that one at 3500 lets see what she will
do.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
tasmemphis said:
ok its just ironic that several buyers have done no bidding the last 30 days and all of a sudden bid on this item..

It's not ironic, it's a huge card.

This is technically a Rookie Card of the biggest rookie of this season. It's an autographed 1/1 card. People come out of the wordwork when cards like this arrive.

To you it may be a 3rd-year card, to many others, who believe in the "RC Rules"...this is a true Rookie Card.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
top 3 bidders all ahve 0 % activity with seller.
this is just another case of stupid people let loose with there money.

Members online