Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Really not one to complain...but come on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Ok, first off, I'm the first one to get aggravated when these posts pop up about ebay sellers, but its amazing sometimes.

Won my auction. Paid 3.00 for shipping. No problem.
Got card in bubble mailer. Card is in perfect shape. No problem.
Seller put a stamp on the bubble mailer, came as POSTAGE DUE!

Really!?
Guy has over 1300 positive. 100% feedback.
How does this happen?

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
It really is incredible if you ask me.
Its like these sellers really don't care if the item gets to you.

I honestly would think your within your rights to hit him with a negative. To make you now pay additional shipping on top of the $3. That's just not right.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Sometimes the PO people mess up. Contact the seller and I'm guessing you'll get a refund to cover it.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
17ROCKIES12 said:
Sometimes the PO people mess up. Contact the seller and I'm guessing you'll get a refund to cover it.

Not a mistake by PO. Its a bubble mailer with a stamp.

Takes more than a stamp to mail a bubble mailer.

Not worried about the cost of it at this point. I can live without a few cents.

Just wondering how someone can have that many transactions, all positive, and not know how to send a mailer.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
This just happened to me as well, i paid $3 for shipping and then the letter came with postage due. It's not really the 78 cents that bothered me it's that i have to drive to the post office wait in line for 20 min and then pay 78 cents all because they couldn't weigh their bubble mailer. They just used paypal and said it was less then 1 ounce, it was 1.2 ounces. I wrote asking to refund the $3 shipping for my trouble they said no problem and sent me 78 cents. :cry:

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
If a seller lists a bubble mailer at 1 ounce, he better make sure it's less than an ounce.

Sure, multiply .17 by 10,000 over a year and the $1700 is a big deal, but still, just list a mailer at 2 ounces and you'd never have that problem.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
dropped a bill in the mail box , next day i get it back ? drop it back in box goes thru . this is a regular thing that happens to me . I get mail from overseas faster than across USA

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Leave a positive if the card arrived in good shape, but not in the comment he overcharged for shipping.
Then ding him on his Shipping DSR

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
GarkoCollector said:
Leave a positive if the card arrived in good shape, but not in the comment he overcharged for shipping.
Then ding him on his Shipping DSR

Exactly what I did.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Sounds pretty ridiculous.
I think you should def. contact the seller - if nothing else simply to let him know that it came postage due and that is unacceptable. From there how he responded would most likely dictate what kind of feedback I left.

At least to me, just dropping the shipping stars doesn't seem like enough. It basically let's him get away with it and not even know he screwed you over. Or he may be a good seller and for whatever reason he gets away with the one stamp most of the time due to lazy P.O.'s or people not saying anything.....so it would seem like a disservice to not give them a heads up, as it could save the seller some future hassle and possibly help future buyers.