Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~Good Saturday Morning Thread~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Been waiting for this.
I have a pretty epic mailday that should be coming in on Monday. I will ustream it with a couple of other things when it comes in.
As for the day, sleep till 7ish maybe 8, then going to try this place called Tossed that Ian Stewart recommended. I'll let everyone know how it is. After that who knows. Hopefully the Red Sox can pick up another game on the Rays and Suckees tonight.
What's everyone elses plans for the day?

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
Morning everyone!! I hope things are well with you all.

The boys both have tournament games today at noon. So, before that is warm up and prep and after is playland with friends and a movie!! Gotta enjoy baseball season!!

I finally got the packages out for tramers and skrip, so I feel good about that!!

Hope your day is filled with sunshine and plenty of baseball!

David

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
David- Seems like it should be a day filled with fun and entertainment! What movie are you and the boys going to be viewing this evening?

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Miggy,
Good to see you back here.

Not much today. Headed on a short road trip for the day and then to work on our baseball field. Havent heard what it looks like yet, but with a lot of rain yesterday, I dont even want to know. Theres a doubleheader at 1:30 tomorrow so I have about 30 hours to get the field ready.

Have a good one folks!
Tom

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
miguelcabrera said:
David- Seems like it should be a day filled with fun and entertainment! What movie are you and the boys going to be viewing this evening?

The group voted and Prince of Persia won out. I'll let you all know how it is afterwards.

David

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Tom- Ouch, sorry to hear that. A wet field is never fun! Good luck with the double header though tomorrow.

George- It's been thundering and raining all night here in Boston. Still is. I sure do wish it would stop ;)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
miguelcabrera said:
Tom- Ouch, sorry to hear that. A wet field is never fun! Good luck with the double header though tomorrow.

George- It's been thundering and raining all night here in Boston. Still is. I sure do wish it would stop ;)

I dont mind it right now, just hope I get 5 days w/o rain Monday-Friday.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Dave- Sounds like a good choice. Seems like a movie I'd be scared of though. Your boys are a lot stronger than me!

George- Yes, I guess I should not be complaining too hard. It is better that it is raining now then a few days ago when I waited in line 14 hours overnight at the Garden for finals tickets only to come up empty handed :benson: ::facepalm::

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
miguelcabrera said:
George- Yes, I guess I should not be complaining too hard. It is better that it is raining now then a few days ago when I waited in line 14 hours overnight at the Garden for finals tickets only to come up empty handed :benson: ::facepalm::

14, wow....lets hope for a good series.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Aloha & good morning all. Ugh, I got asked to work today which really throws a wrench in the plans I had for today but it's hard to pass up OT and if you say no when asked they tend to not ask again. Oh well, and it's going to get to around 106 here today and that makes it even worse. Hope everyone else has a good one.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Rickzcards said:
Aloha & good morning all. Ugh, I got asked to work today which really throws a wrench in the plans I had for today but it's hard to pass up OT and if you say no when asked they tend to not ask again. Oh well, and it's going to get to around 106 here today and that makes it even worse. Hope everyone else has a good one.

Sucks to be called in but, Get that OT!

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
George- Yes 14. It was a total joke though. I do it all the time for the Red Sox (a few hundred times for regular season, ALDS, ALCS, and World Series) and always get tickets. Basically if you are in the top 200 you are going to get tickets, and I am usually within the top 50. However, I have never done it for the Celtics, so this was my first time. I was probably 60-70th in line, so my friend and I thought we were set. However under 30 people in line actually had the chance to buy tickets when it was all said and done, AND THIS WAS FOR ALL 3 HOME GAMES! Also the 40 dollar tickets (cheapest and what everyone was there for) were sold out within the first 5 people!
The other great part was that throughout the night people were fighting one another over cutting in line etc, and this was all in the middle of the line because nobody was going to try cutting in line right at the beginning obviously. Everyone who got into an altercation never even had the chance to buy tickets. Scratch that. Never even came close to having the chance to buy tickets. There were near riots when they said they sold out. I'm never waiting in line at the Garden again. Go Red Sox!

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
morning gentlemen.

David nice to see you checking in with the MT more often :p good luck to the boys in their baseball games today and hope they enjoy the movie.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Anyone picking up any of the new Ultimate patches that seem to be popping up on ebay. If Miggy was on the original checklist, do you believe his will eventually show up on ebay as well?

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
miguelcabrera said:
Anyone picking up any of the new Ultimate patches that seem to be popping up on ebay. If Miggy was on the original checklist, do you believe his will eventually show up on ebay as well?

Absolutely, unfortunately, the deep pocketed set collectors will be hot after them to have a "complete" set.
I hope you can snag one, even if its a more plain one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts