Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Prime Cuts Stupidest Product Ever! *rant*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
This is ridiculous! As a player collector, this is too much!
All these stupid die-cut jersey cards, with jersey swatches spelling:
OF
ICON (Really?)
Square jersey
Square jersey with bat
HOF
TONY
HR

Then ones with:
four Circles (what's that about?)
three circles (huh?)
Is there two circles? one circle???

Then different versions for each? Autographed versions? That's not including the Colassal ones with many different versions! Donruss has other products, too? Uggghhhh!
The worst part about it is that I'll probably buy some of these someday! :x :x

Sorry if this has been posted before. I just had to rant!

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
You'll never be able to own everything, so that doesn't mean you need to buy everything you can.

The old rule applies... If you don't like it, don't buy it. Nothing wrong with just picking up one or two versions of a parallel that you like.

This is nothing different that what Topps & Upper Deck does. Let me introduce you to Topps Memories & Milestones or how about Topps Letterman (Football I guess) or Topps Sterling (What's better, a jumbo patch numbered to 10 or 20 or 10 or 20 different 1/1 jumbo patches for each player?).

It's all the same. We all want rare cards, the business changed to get us what we wanted.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I feel for you. It's what I've always hated about DLP.

....but they made cards like this:

a3c6_1.jpg

So I'll echo the part about just picking up things you find appealing.

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
gwynn5453l4u said:
This is ridiculous! As a player collector, this is too much!
All these stupid die-cut jersey cards, with jersey swatches spelling:
OF
ICON (Really?)
Square jersey
Square jersey with bat
HOF
TONY
HR

Then ones with:
four Circles (what's that about?)
three circles (huh?)
Is there two circles? one circle???

Then different versions for each? Autographed versions? That's not including the Colassal ones with many different versions! Donruss has other products, too? Uggghhhh!
The worst part about it is that I'll probably buy some of these someday! :x :x

Sorry if this has been posted before. I just had to rant!

I agree with you. SOme things are getting out of hand with cards.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
flightposite said:
You'll never be able to own everything, so that doesn't mean you need to buy everything you can.

The old rule applies... If you don't like it, don't buy it. Nothing wrong with just picking up one or two versions of a parallel that you like.

This is nothing different that what Topps & Upper Deck does. Let me introduce you to Topps Memories & Milestones or how about Topps Letterman (Football I guess) or Topps Sterling (What's better, a jumbo patch numbered to 10 or 20 or 10 or 20 different 1/1 jumbo patches for each player?).

It's all the same. We all want rare cards, the business changed to get us what we wanted.

This might be the all around smartest thing said on these boards in a long time.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
flightposite said:

WOW, I'm going to have to watch some USC games!!! Holy snikies.

Art

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
For me I'm soooo excited about this product. Walker has 27 different cards and I plan on getting all of them if I can. (he has 6 1/1 and another 10 #'d 5 or less) So far I have 7. But my player is a little different than most as these are his first cards (excluding the 1/1 letters from 2007 Topps Sterling) since 2006 so I love Prime Cuts.

Members online