Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If you're an NL team - would you take Jamie Moyer next year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
The way he is pitching? He's out there throwing complete games - he's 6-5 with a sub 4 ERA. I know a couple of his wins are b/c of the Phillies offense....but so are a couple of his losses :lol:

I mean he's pitching well enough now to be a #4 or #5 on many NL teams.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Until he shows signs of slowing down, might as well take a one or two year contract with him. Maybe put a few innings pitched and ERA incentives in there

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
exactly my thoughts. i know the phillies might not sign him next year, but i could see teams like Pittsburgh, San Diego, hell even the Dodgers and Mets always have trouble finding a 5th starter.

you are right though, the contract would have to be incentive based.

Hallsgator said:
Until he shows signs of slowing down, might as well take a one or two year contract with him. Maybe put a few innings pitched and ERA incentives in there

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
the only reason hes still around iss he hopes to get close to 300 which is why hell never go to the pirates,mets etc he needs high powered offense to reach his goal which leaves phillies,dodgers and cardinals i think they will resign him though

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
he is possibly the most knowledgeable pitcher in the game right now.
I remember when he was in Seattle he would carry around those notebooks that had scouting reports about every player in depth.

he could teach the younger players a lot, and his ERA and IP would be better than the average 5th man, so I say yes.

dherm360

Mar 30, 2010
Sub 4 ERA, thats a #2 starter on the Brewers. If you can go .500 or better you can still help a team. He pitched a seven hitter today, so he still has something in the tank. Getting another 36 wins though, not sure of that

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I thought he should've retired 5 years ago, so we'll see what happens :lol:

dherm360 said:
Sub 4 ERA, thats a #2 starter on the Brewers. If you can go .500 or better you can still help a team. He pitched a seven hitter today, so he still has something in the tank. Getting another 36 wins though, not sure of that

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
markakis8 said:
I thought he should've retired 5 years ago, so we'll see what happens :lol:

dherm360 said:
I thought the same thing and then was surprised he got the contract he di for as long as he did. LOL

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
sportscardtheory said:
ThoseBackPages said:
No, he couldnt handle NY

I really believe that there would be no better situation for him than San Diego.

P.S. If he can handle Philly, he can handle NY.

That makes a lot of sense. As long as hes willing to take a pay cut, i could see him being a big mentor
to the SD staff that is literally half his age

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
markakis8 said:
Note to Moyer: do not go over to the AL ::facepalm::

the only AL place that would make sense is back to Seattle, which is a major NL park is an outfield which can nab anything.

but I think SD might be best as well

brumbach

Wow, that was brutal something fierce. At least we didn't get shut out! Even Comcast Philly was showing only Red Sox players in the highlights and named Big Papi player of the game. Moyer definitely didn't have a strike zone working to his advantage this evening.

Members online

Latest posts