Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Upper Deck EVER get their baseball license back???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spcollector

Nov 11, 2009
Just throwing this out there as a collector who strictly collected an Upper Deck product (SP Authentic) for the last 16 years... Does anyone think that Upper Deck will at any time try to get their baseball license back to produce the baseball products that they have produced for the past several years or ARE THEY DONE FOREVER??? Are any other upper deck collectors upset that they are GONE? And I like to collect a set every year, what Topps brands are Upper Deck product collectors switching to? A lot here... feel free to comment on any or all parts!!!

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
spcollector said:
Just throwing this out there as a collector who strictly collected an Upper Deck product (SP Authentic) for the last 16 years... Does anyone think that Upper Deck will at any time try to get their baseball license back to produce the baseball products that they have produced for the past several years or ARE THEY DONE FOREVER??? Are any other upper deck collectors upset that they are GONE? And I like to collect a set every year, what Topps brands are Upper Deck product collectors switching to? A lot here... feel free to comment on any or all parts!!!

Topps really doesn't have a comparable product to SP Authentic. The Topps Unique product that debuted last year strikes me as an adequate comparison based on game used hits but the Future Watch RC's can't be matched by Unique. I have virtually only bought Bowman products since 1992 and could not imagine if the situation were reversed and UD was the only licensed manufacturer. It can't be easy but I hope you find a replacement for SP Authentic that you find equally desirable. Maybe preorder a case of this years Bowman Chrome and see if that is something you might enjoy ;)

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
I hope not. They did nothing for the hobby but make false promises to the customer (unfilled redemptions ) and they followed that up with not paying the players for signing. I personally was left with a very bad taste in my mouth for UD when they not only did not fill my redemption for a Exquisite Noble Nameplates auto /25 of Jerry West but then after they said they mailed it and it never arrived they informed me they did not use tracking on low dollar items. At the time the West was selling fro $400 so not exactly low dollar and if I can mail cards i sell on ebay with DC so can they. In short Screw UD

Members online