Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rumor- Mets have pre-arranged deals with:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Gotta love the Mets being cheapasses and the only reason is to get an AS game within the next 5 years. That's why they are kissing Selig's butt. If they had some balls like the Yankees, Redsox, or even the Pirates their farm system would be better. They want this kid to catch apparently.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
If the Mets are once again confining themselves to a slot deal, this is actually a good pick for them - there is significant upside with O'Conner (plus-plus arm, plus power, good approach at the plate).

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
jlecates said:
If the Mets are once again confining themselves to a slot deal, this is actually a good pick for them - there is significant upside with O'Conner (plus-plus arm, plus power, good approach at the plate).

Were you the one I sold all my O'Conner AFLACs to?

Geez, who knew he could go that high? I sure didn't.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Apparently, Matt Harvey asking price is to high and they dont think Zack Cox will be around.....

also, Subject post is suppose to be just "deal"

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Jaypers said:
jlecates said:

Were you the one I sold all my O'Conner AFLACs to?

Geez, who knew he could go that high? I sure didn't.
Yeah, I bought quite a few from you. I thought he would end up being a mid-1st rounder...at SS :lol: . You never can tell how things will shake out. I think I bought a number of Josh Sale's from you as well.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
a lot of people, myself included, don't think Cox is all that great... I don't see how you guys can be that upset with O'Conner

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
But what if Yasmani Grandal is still available when they pick? Or are they just assuming he won't be still available?

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
o'conner may be a stretch that high but he is a very intriguing prospect. the angels were rumored to have interest in him as well...as a catcher

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
MarlinsManiac20 said:
why are the royals taking grandal with already having myers?

as has been stated 1000 times before, teams rarely draft for need in the 1st rd...they go for the player who is highest on their board.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
also Myers' bat is gonna be ahead of his glove... wouldn't be surprised if he moved

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
We are continuing to get word that the Mets are heavily leaning toward Justin O'Conner with the seventh overall pick. But, there is one condition to that. If Chris Sale or Drew Pomeranz gets to them, they will likely take one of the pair over O'Conner.

I wonder how that feels being a player knowing you may either be a millionaire by Monday or close to one after taxes .....

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Myers' bat is gonna be ahead of his glove

Also, a tree has a better chance of not allowing a pass ball then Myers:

17 pass balls in 30 something games. He is dead last almost in that category. I doubt his his receiving skills catch up to his arm so a move to the OF would happen sooner or later.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts