Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Prospect Autos - Who are the big Dogs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

piggy1918

Jul 31, 2009
Disclaimer: I only own a single Bowman auto (Heathcott)

I've been thinking about this recently. As we all know 2010 Bowman is an extremely hot product selling at ridiculous prices. However, the three biggest guys in the set are Strasburg, Harper, and Heyward, none of whom have a 1st Chrome auto. So, who will the big name in this year's line-up be? Castro and Ackley are the current leaders at $30-$35, but this isn't Castro's first Chrome and he has already hit the majors and seems to be leveling off value wise. We tend to see the huge prices pre-Majors.

So, whose auto will continue to rise? Personally, I like Iglesias in the long-term, the Red Sox have a gaping hole at SS and Scutaro only has a 2yr deal: perfect timing for Iglesias' rise. Nick Franklin seems to be putting up some nice numbers and also has a clear path to the majors, considering Seattle only lists one SS in their depth chart. For some reason I am not a fan of Tate, and I don't know too much about Teheran.

Two questions:

1. Whose Chrome auto will hit the highest? (at any point in time) aka biggest potential
2. Sleeper picks: selling lowish now and you think they will rise

I think Ackley will hit the highest, while Iglesias, Heathcott, Myers, Arenado, and Franklin all have good shots at becoming solid players. Opinions?

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Some say Teheran's delivery will lead to injury. He's been incredible so far this year though. Easily a top 5 pitcher in all of MiLB to me. Pretty cheap right now, considering his level of talent.

Heathcott rocks. I'll buy that chrome from you. It'll go up.

Nick Franklin is seeing a price spike right now, but you're right, he will be a starter some day. Has tons of room to rise still.

Tate is injured often, or so it seems, but has great bat speed and power. He plays good defense and has a great throwing arm. If he can stay healthy, he will be awesome. Prices are a little up right now, and aren't falling any with his injury. I'd have to see some more performance to drop $22ish on a chrome auto of a Padres prospect.

Ant

piggy1918

Jul 31, 2009
I agree on Tate, I find it hard to invest in a Padres prospect. And for Teheran, where would be the best place to look up his stats this year and as up to date as possible?

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Wil Myers, but being a Royal is gonna hurt him. Some pretty big prices already for his cards. You can tell 9.5 are going to bring nice premiums. One of his blues sold for $175ish already.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
piggy1918 said:
I agree on Tate, I find it hard to invest in a Padres prospect. And for Teheran, where would be the best place to look up his stats this year and as up to date as possible?

milb.com

search Julio Teheran in the top right, click on his name when it shows up.

Ant

piggy1918

Jul 31, 2009
aminors said:
piggy1918 said:

milb.com

search Julio Teheran in the top right, click on his name when it shows up.

Ant

Ah, thanks.

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
Arenado's are startin to heat up as well too...chrome autos almost reaching 20

piggy1918

Jul 31, 2009
matchpenalty said:
Wil Myers, but being a Royal is gonna hurt him. Some pretty big prices already for his cards. You can tell 9.5 are going to bring nice premiums. One of his blues sold for $175ish already.

I think that sale wasn't the actual price... I thought I read someone on here bought it and agreed to pay offline. I guess they just did the BIN so he could get feedback. Which I didn't know Ebay didn't care if the item was paid for. I'm pretty sure I read this anyways.

And yes, being a Royal doesn't help at all.

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
Heathcott's makeup problems are gonna prevent him from being a regular.. Franklin and Arenado are my favorite bets

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
piggy1918 said:
matchpenalty said:

I think that sale wasn't the actual price... I thought I read someone on here bought it and agreed to pay offline. I guess they just did the BIN so he could get feedback. Which I didn't know Ebay didn't care if the item was paid for. I'm pretty sure I read this anyways.

And yes, being a Royal doesn't help at all.

dumb seller then, why would you just hand over ebay fees on something that didn't sell for is much as they have a record of. Why wouldn't they just end the auction and have no bidding on it, if they were selling off ebay. Fees had to be $15 just for feedback. I don't buy it.

mlbfan10

Feb 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
matchpenalty said:

No it didn't. I bought it and paid $120.

scan0276.png

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Nice buy, the stupidity of some ebay sellers never ceases to amaze me. Never heard of someone bin a card and have seller turn around and sell it for less than bin price. So seller can just eat the high fees they charge on bin sells.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
TelePlayer22 said:
Heathcott's makeup problems are gonna prevent him from being a regular.. Franklin and Arenado are my favorite bets

Elaborate. I'd like for you to tell me about Heathcott's makeup problems which, from all my research (and I've done plenty), are pretty much a non-issue.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Ian Stewart said:
TelePlayer22 said:

Elaborate. I'd like for you to tell me about Heathcott's makeup problems which, from all my research (and I've done plenty), are pretty much a non-issue.
I have to agree with Ian Stewart: that statement is just way off base in my opinion. I saw Heathcott several times on the Showcase Circuit of '08, and there were some things I saw that were a little worrisome (including nearly getting into a fight during a homerun derby of all things), but he was also 16 or 17 at the time. He had a pretty difficult home life, and basically both of his parents are not exactly the greatest foundation (father is still incarcerated I believe), but the Yankees have had zero problems with him over the past year - in fact all reports indicate he has displayed great makeup. He's a young kid who has had some tough breaks, but probably deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Latest posts