Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

To those who keep talking about Albert's decline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
3rd in BA
1st in HR's
1st in RBI's
3rd in Hits
1st in BB
1st in OBP
2nd in SLUG
1st in OBP

kinda still trying to understand how some have are saying he isn't performing. Can anyone give me some insight?

once again the front runner for MVP... I don't see how anyone besides UBALDO ranks anywhere near these numbers... but that is why they have a CY YOUNG. Pitchers should be banned from MVP race until they have an award for best hitter like they do for best pitcher. my 2 cents

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
lordsepic said:
3rd in BA
1st in HR's
1st in RBI's
3rd in Hits
1st in BB
1st in OBP
2nd in SLUG
1st in OBP

kinda still trying to understand how some have are saying he isn't performing. Can anyone give me some insight?

once again the front runner for MVP... I don't see how anyone besides UBALDO ranks anywhere near these numbers... but that is why they have a CY YOUNG. Pitchers should be banned from MVP race until they have an award for best hitter like they do for best pitcher. my 2 cents

I'm pretty sure things were being said WHEN he wasn't performing as his usual self. Why now trash everyone who at the time was right. And until the MVPlayer becomes the MVHitter, it will be what it is. A true overall hitter award would be cool.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
I'm a die-hard Cardinals fan and I'll admit that during that stretch where he was hitting .270ish for the month of May and was on a long HR drought and driving in very little runs...it was very easy to wonder if we seeing the start of the downward slope of his career.

He is on pace for a .317 avg, 40 HR's, and 127 RBI, so the production totals will look as if nothing has changed. Which is awesome! 1 more year of purely incredible production. A decade of dominance if you will.

However, his K total is on pace to be the highest since his rookie season and I don't think anyone can deny that this is as streaky as we've ever seen him. If he is less streaky and strikes out less over the next 4 months then I'll feel as though it was just a bad month.

You have to take a lot of the negative talk as a compliment actually, only a guy as good as Pujols would have "decline" talk thrown around while he is hitting .300 and his numbers projected close to his career seasonal totals.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
The numbers don't tell the whole story. He's not hitting the ball like he has in the past. It seems like he's in a much better place than he was in May as last night was the first time he struck out in June. I think he's a combination of injured and pressing to make up for the struggles of the rest of the lineup. It's a testament to how incredible he is that he is putting up these numbers given the circumstances. I am not concerned about any long term decline, I just think he's a little banged up right now and is playing through it.

Members online

Latest posts