Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

THROWING CARDS AWAY!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Does or has anyone ever thrown serial numbered cards away. I did this the other day when i bought a lot of 2010 Topps Gold Parallels that were severely damaged at the corners. There should be a thread of cards that are thrown away. They keep getting scarcer, :lol:

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Because I don't like giving kids junk cards. I mean these were really bad. I mean I do not throw away tons, but if I get cards with creases I just pitch em.

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I used to pitch my damages, but then I started giving them to my 9 and 10 year old nephews. They are going to wreck store bought cards anyway and now I'm their favorite uncle....HOWEVER...if there are storebought cards, before they open the packs, they call me or ask me who's good and what to look for. They have learned how to take care of their better cards.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
securedsports said:
Because I don't like giving kids junk cards. I mean these were really bad. I mean I do not throw away tons, but if I get cards with creases I just pitch em.

Believe it or not, I do this with pack pulled cards too. If I pull a card and it's mis cut, dinged corner or flawed beyone sellable, it goes in the can. I've tossed away some pretty good cards over the years including a handful of chrome paralells, auto's, ect.. I just cant be bothered to waste my time looking for a replacement. But I imagine if the card was valuable enough, I might reconsider.

autocut

securedsports said:
Does or has anyone ever thrown serial numbered cards away. I did this the other day when i bought a lot of 2010 Topps Gold Parallels that were severely damaged at the corners. There should be a thread of cards that are thrown away. They keep getting scarcer, :lol:

I've thrown a ton of cards away, especially when I moved. Some I took to work for recycling. they are not toilet paper :)

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
I give my base cards and stuff liek that to my 7 yr old son who keeps then in a shoe box. sometimes stuff gets throw away if the kids mess them up or it is just a crap load of base cards.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I had this really small card of some guy named Hanes Wognar, but it was bent in half and had a torn corner so I decided it wasn't worth my time and threw it away.

I had never heard of Hanes Wognar and he looked pretty weird so I tossed it along with a Mackey Mintel card from 1952.

Members online

Latest posts