Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pudge Rodriguez IP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
Pudge was doing a rehab start for single A Potomac Nationals tonight.
He played 6 innings as planned, which is when I headed down to clubhouse exit. A handful of collectors were already there. As we waited, the mob directly in front of the door got crammed with preteen girls (a softball team that were at the game) and parents with 5 year olds who wouldn't normally know the difference between Pudge and Gabriel Iglesias. Pudge came out and the mob attacked. Luckily there was a guard there who was able to keep the mob slightly organized and it slowly turned into an actual line. It took me about 5 minutes for me to get to the front, where I got the baseball signed. I stepped out and waited to the side so I could get some pictures. 10 minutes later someone went up without a pen, I used that as an oppurtunity to step up, handed Pudge my sharpie to sign the guys ball, when he went to hand the sharpie back, I handed the pic to him, which he signed, then gave me the sharpie back.

The pic is the back inside cover of a mid-90s Beckett that beckett regularly used for sports artwork. About 7 years ago when my dad was weeding out stuff, he was preparing to toss about 50 becketts. I went through them and cut out the art that I like in case I was able to ever get signed or have the room to display. Finally was worth the effort as this was the first one of those I got signed.

rodriguez_baseball1.png
ivanrodriguez_pic1.png
rodriguez_small.png

tigsfan

Aug 15, 2008
Michigan
I met him a few years ago at a TigerFest (was the last guy to get him) and thought he was cool for a large crowd of I-Rod -ians. :) If you happen to get him again, I need him on a Tigers card as I got him on a Rangers card. Fantastic job!!!

Members online

Latest posts