Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buyer will not be happy?

Is the auction misleading?

• Yes, the seller intended to mislead the bidders.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Yeah that's going to be either a neg or a "please return every dime", once the bidder finds out.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
not sure of the motives, but there is a period after red, and there were a lot of words in the title so maybe he was just trying to shorten it.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
That does take up all of the characters allowed in an eBay title but I still call shenanigans. He could have shortened his title by 2 characters to get a REDEM. in there instead of RED.

Jul 30, 2009
Seller did nothing wrong, just another loser moron bidder (if he complains) who doesnt read and understand.

Since when did "Red." stand for an abbreviation for the color?

Plus the scan shows the card and no where does it read red refractor.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
011873 said:
Seller did nothing wrong, just another loser moron bidder (if he complains) who doesnt read and understand.

^^^ This.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
011873 said:

100% correct. another case of buyer being illiterate and/or ignorant

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
011873 said:

+1000

I said it over the weekend and i'll say it again: buyers just don't read.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
The title is confusing; not to me, but...

Where the seller fell short is that there is no further clarification in the description. That's what the description part of the auction listing is for. With eBay making the dumb-ass move to some stock photos, there is a bit more onus on the seller to describe the item fully. The title "COULD/might" be up for grabs as far as its quality and who knows if the period isn't a typo, or the wrong scan wasn't loaded (if you can say you've never seen or done that, throw stones). I don't know about you guys, but I search by title listing, NOT by what the picture looks like. There wasn't even a reference made for the buyers to "see scan" or "you'll get the card in the picture."

BUT, as a buyer, if i screwed the pooch on this, like I think the buyer did, I'd suck it up. It doesn't help the seller's arguement that at least 2 people made the same mistake.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
This is exactly why sellers need to put information in the description. He could have easily noted "This is for the redemption card," but that is nowhere to be found in the description.

Buyers are stupid in not reading closely, and sellers are getting lazy in not leaving a card description...I blame both in this case.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Considering the scan aptly describes the item, I can understand him not wanting to type it out.

I don't think the seller tried to mislead the buyer at all and the losing bidder should have to eat his idiotic loss.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I think it took a nice blend of foolishness to make this transaction what it is. The seller really shouldn't have put "red" in the title, and the buyer really should have looked more closely at the picture.

011873 said:

Since a really really long time ago. Whatch this: The wagon is red.

Just because there is a period at the end of something does not always make it an abbreviation.

I challenge anybody to find me ONE single auction on ebay where they put "RED" in the title when what they meant was "redemption." I looked and couldn't find one. Plenty of red hot rookie redemptions, but even though those sellers already put the word "red" in their title they felt the need to expand and put the word "redemption" in the title as well.

I'm not trying to say the seller was intentionally trying to deceive anybody, I'm just sayin'...

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
I don't have a problem with it. He literally used every character allowable in the title so it's not like he could've typed "redemp." He probably could've neglected to put "red." in the title at all but then he'd probably be blamed for not noting it's a redemption in the title. The fact remains: you have to read the description and look at the scan. It's very clear what you're getting.

asmth312

Jan 17, 2009
I see a lot of auctions with "red" or "red." in the title for Chrome auto redemptions. To me its an obnoxious attempt to get more views and possibly bids, and a seller deserves whatever trouble comes his way as a result.

Could it be an innocent attempt to let the buyer know its a redemption and not an actual auto? Maybe in a small minority of instances. But the picture shows up in the search results and when the buyer clicks on the auction. It's obvious to anyone that it is a redemption. There's a lot more deception in using "red" in the title than not indicating the card is a redemption in the title- especially when you consider that most of the time when a player has redemptions in a set, ALL of the player's cards are redemptions, meaning the buyer isn't going to be expecting that the auction is for the actual card.

Should the buyer take five seconds and look at the scan to determine the auction is not for a red refractor auto? Absolutely. But the kind of buyer that doesn't, then files a PayPal claim is exactly the kind of buyer I would wish on a seller who engages in that practice.

Members online

Latest posts