Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

wow, just wow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I know what your thinking and for the next week we will see this kind of stuff.
I went out during the game and looked at my stores for more Bowman and found nothing other then
the blaster the wife brought home. I only hit a Stras Expectation card out of the 2-3 I bustedin the passed week.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Pine Tar said:
I know what your thinking and for the next week we will see this kind of stuff.
I went out during the game and looked at my stores for more Bowman and found nothing other then
the blaster the wife brought home. I only hit a Stras Expectation card out of the 2-3 I bustedin the passed week.

Looks like I need to hit up the ole Wally World again during my lunch break today. I was among the first to sell blasters last week when they came out...I sold 3 for $110 and made the mistake of asking the person what they pulled (Bryce Harper Ref /777, Stras Chrome, 2 stras base, and Stras 100 :benson: I would have been better off not knowing I think.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
autocut said:
Best time to sell and I mean them all.
Yep since he ptiched well last night, the sky is not the limit on the card prices.
Wen are going to see things we have never seen on his cards in the next week or so.

And you may not see any more blaster since the hype is way out there as well. He did pitch to the
ghype that was put on him so let the money money money making now begin. :lol:

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Pine Tar said:
brianga26 said:
I put up 2 chromes and 4 base last night after his performance. We shall see what they will go for!
For prices you that are never going to be since for base cards in awhile

its unreal. I have saved a few as well for my PC. I don't want to be saying a few years from now "I wished I had....."

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
yanxyanx said:
Looks like this morning was a much better time to end auctions than last night.

Anyone want a base Bowman for $50?

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-STRASBURG-2 ... 1e5c5109ab

I have a sick feeling that there are going to be a lot of non-baseball card collectors who are buyers (that don't know the difference between base and chrome cards) that ask for refunds when they get their card and notice for the first time that it isn't the chrome version.

David

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
leatherman said:
yanxyanx said:

I have a sick feeling that there are going to be a lot of non-baseball card collectors who are buyers (that don't know the difference between base and chrome cards) that ask for refunds when they get their card and notice for the first time that it isn't the chrome version.

David

buyer beware.. if its not stated on the auction.. that is their dumbness

Leatherman are you coming next week to the show in Dunwoody? I need some supplies

yanxyanx

Sep 13, 2008
Riverdale, NY
leatherman said:
yanxyanx said:

David

David,

It's tough to say, but if you look at sales over the past 2 hours, the base Bowman are selling higher than the Chrome. If I was a non-collector and knew nothing about these, I think I would actually prefer the base Bowman over the Chrome. The base Bowman is clean white and centered (for the most part), while the Chromes this year have a dull finish, are off-center, and do not scan as well as the Bowman in an eBay auction.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I watched a couple of Chrome's end last night to see if there was a spike after the game and saw a couple end at $25-30, I am also noticing some of the Chrome's that have a higher sale price are those that are centered well as graders are probably willing to pay more for those copies.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
It seems like you have to sell these base Bowmans off one at a time to get these insane prices. These buyers don't know how to handle 2 ct lots or 2 ct lots with a BIN/BO with multiple quantities available. I need to dumb down my auctions.

Members online

Latest posts