Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your feelings on Topps as an exclusive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I was skeptical but I really think they have come through as an exclusive.Through all the products so far this year they have added a lot of extras and value to each product.They are continuing to do so with Ginter.What do you guys think so far?
Mike

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
they have stepped it up thus far. I will hold up judgement however until more products are released

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Would you (we) feel the same if Stephen Strasburg wasn't a factor? I do like the '10 sets released so far, though. More than anything, it's made me look for interesting older products that I've overlooked. I only buy low to mid price range stuff anyway, so UD was never really on my radar.

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country
phillyfan0417 said:
I will reserve judgement until I see if they can make one product which is non prospect and is in the league of some of the better UD and even Donruss products...

Tim
You don't hink they accomplished that a little with the Chicle set?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Topps' regular releases are of the same quality as their prospect releases. How much difference in quality is there between base Topps and base Bowman, between Topps Chrome and Bowman Chrome? None. The only difference between Topps Debut and Bowman is showing the same guys on different rosters.

phillyfan0417 said:
I will reserve judgement until I see if they can make one product which is non prospect and is in the league of some of the better UD and even Donruss products...

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
chowell3fan said:
phillyfan0417 said:

Tim
You don't hink they accomplished that a little with the Chicle set?

That is a step in the right direction but can you think of a single non-prospect set put out by topps that would be considered a top-5 product?

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
chashawk said:
phillyfan0417 said:
this...
I am in the minority in that I didn't buy Bowman(the price was sky high for what you got).Base Topps was better than it has been in years.I loved the inserts featuring the vintage players.Chicle was very nice set with a good autograph and memorabilia checklist.The have consistently added content to each product right up to the release date.They could have sat on their asses not stepped up anything.They chose to go the other route and for that I applaud them.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Probably too early to say.

2010 Bowman is a great product.

The quality of 2010 Bowman is not so great in a lot of cases. Centering and mis-cut problems plus roller scratch lines on a large portion of the cards is really a let down considering how good of a product it otherwise would be.

I hope they can keep quality up and run forward with exclusivity instead of simply hovering in place. Future products will determine this.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
chashawk said:
Topps has created some great products this year if you only collect current players and MiLBers.
The only product that didn't feature retired players was Bowman.Everything else had them.
Mike

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
hofmichael said:
chashawk said:
Topps has created some great products this year if you only collect current players and MiLBers.
The only product that didn't feature retired players was Bowman.Everything else had them.
Mike
A very certain few retired/HOF players, yes.

NOTHING on the scale of DLP or UD.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
High end topps has always sucked.

I will say they fail unless I see some changes to their premium products, ie, make them more like Upper Deck exquiste or the cup quality.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
chashawk said:
hofmichael said:
chashawk said:
Mike
A very certain few retired/HOF players, yes.

NOTHING on the scale of DLP or UD.
You mean Andre Dawson?

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I don't bust wax, so maybe I'm missing all the "extras" that Topps has added for value. However, as a player collector I'd say it's the same old story from Topps. I haven't seen any new products that impress me, still no good high end products, and same tired ideas.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Tomlinson21RB said:
I don't bust wax, so maybe I'm missing all the "extras" that Topps has added for value. However, as a player collector I'd say it's the same old story from Topps. I haven't seen any new products that impress me, still no good high end products, and same tired ideas.

Agreed.

They have not made a product for the non prospector which has caught my attention.

Members online

Latest posts