Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Jesus Montero be traded before he plays for the Yankees

Do you think the Yankees will trade Jesus Montero before he ever puts on the pinstrips?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGamesBest

Sep 20, 2009
White Plains, NY
Do you think the Yankees will trade Jesus Montero before he ever puts on the pinstrips?

It makes sense that they would. If they were going to trade one prospect that they have he seems to be the most eligible. He just doesn't fit in a position for the future. He can't catch and the Yankees have the corners of the infield locked down for the foreseeable future. Austin Romine is their catcher of the future and Slade Heathcott has nothing blocking him in the OF. Those three are the major prospects that it would take for the Yankees to make a big trade. Do you think Jesus Montero is on the move?

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
TheGamesBest said:
I won't argue that but I personally have never heard any talk of him bring moved to the outfield, just 1B. Have you?

My fault I thought I read corner OUTfield locked, but reread and saw infield locked.

LF is the place where you can have a power hitting liability, a la Bay, Braun (not so much now), etc. So logically, they would have to move him to LF.

TheGamesBest

Sep 20, 2009
White Plains, NY
Johan Santana 57 said:
TheGamesBest said:
I won't argue that but I personally have never heard any talk of him bring moved to the outfield, just 1B. Have you?

My fault I thought I read corner OUTfield locked, but reread and saw infield locked.

LF is the place where you can have a power hitting liability, a la Bay, Braun (not so much now), etc. So logically, they would have to move him to LF.

I'll agree with that. He's in Triple-A now. Wouldn't you think if they plan on switching his position that it would have to be pretty soon?

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
I don't think they trade Montero unless it's in a deal for a franchise player. The guy i'm worried about is Brandon Laird. He's blocked every way from Sunday with his only positions being corner infield. He's smashing at AA and could be on his way to Seattle if the Yankees get in on Cliff Lee.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts