Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

LaPorta optioned to Columbus yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Anyone else see that?

Indians June 8: Activated INF Andy Marte from the 15-day DL. Optioned OF Matt LaPorta to Columbus (IL).

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
There really just isn't room for him in Cleveland. They signed a 1B in the offseason before bringing him up to do what, split time? He needs to go somewhere that'll give him a legit shot.

Ant

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
aminors said:
There really just isn't room for him in Cleveland. They signed a 1B in the offseason before bringing him up to do what, split time? He needs to go somewhere that'll give him a legit shot.

Ant

That, and Austin Kearns has surprised and stolen left-field from him. Matt wasn't getting regular ABs as a result. The Indians wanted him to get at least 500 ABs with the big-league club this year. It just wasn't happening.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
OhioBobcat3 said:
aminors said:

Ant

That, and Austin Kearns has surprised and stolen left-field from him. Matt wasn't getting regular ABs as a result. The Indians wanted him to get at least 500 ABs with the big-league club this year. It just wasn't happening.

Exactly. He just has nowhere to play. Maybe they'll offer him as a trade piece before the deadline?

Ant

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
aminors said:
OhioBobcat3 said:
aminors said:

Ant

Exactly. He just has nowhere to play. Maybe they'll offer him as a trade piece before the deadline?

Ant

If anything, I think they'll try to unload Kearns if they can get a decent prospect out of it. My guess is that Matt sees regular time in the Tribe outfield by the end of the year.

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
OhioBobcat3 said:
He just hit his 2nd homerun of the game for the Clippers. 3 for 3 on the evening now with 4 RBI...

BA's prospect hitter of the day!

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Indians cannot manage a roster at all. They havent been able to for a couple of years. They overload at one position and are razor thin at another. They put money into guys at the end of their career and want to nickel and dime young prospects.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
OhioBobcat3 said:
aminors said:
OhioBobcat3 said:
aminors said:

Ant

Ant

If anything, I think they'll try to unload Kearns if they can get a decent prospect out of it. My guess is that Matt sees regular time in the Tribe outfield by the end of the year.

Yeah Kearns will definitely be somewhere else at the end of the season. I for one am very happy that LaPorta was sent down. Now he can't take AB's away from Austin :)

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I just got home from the game. So great! He looks like he's still having fun, but maybe a bit more serious than last season. I suppose he doesn't want to make the trip south on 71 ever again...

mgsherm

Aug 7, 2008
Jacksonville, Florida
Glad he is at least going to get some regular ABs. Not sure he really recovered from his injuries completely at the beginning of the year. Really hoping he does well and is gets a shot with regular playig time.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
So is it safe to say that LaPorta and Alex Gordon are AAAA players? Cant do crap in the bigs..... but cant be stopped in AAA.

Members online

Latest posts