Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I would like to thank...Stephen Strasburg and Bryce Harper..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
For giving me the FIRST case break EVER that I have made money on!

Thank you guys! Much love, much love! :D

Strasburg total around $650 and Harper around $250...and this is not counting the chrome autos etc. So, that should be around $150 extra.

I bought my case for $745...

Thanks again Stephen and Bryce!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
They get a "Tip O' the Cap" from me as well.

They did the same for me; more so Strasburg.

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
Ditto, thanks to Stras/Harper for boosting 2010 Bowman!

I busted only 2 jumbo boxes and pulled/sold:

Harper red ref - sold for $1400
Harper ref - sold for $60
Machado blue ref - sold for $40
Stras chrome + 2 Stras base - sold for $60

Also, I bought a Harper blue ref. last week for $150 and flipped it for $225 on draft day!

Still have Heathcott, LeMahieu, Brett Jackson autos...

$220 for 2 boxes and $1560 in sales for 6 cards!

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Forgot to mention I STILL have a Starlin blue ref auto...so that's like + $120 right there...LOVE IT!

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
I mentioned this in another thread, but out of the $9550 I spent on my 12 jumbo cases, Strasburg has returned over $3200 by himself...and I still have a BGS 9.5 Auto, 20 bowman raw, 40 bowman at BGS, 2 chrome at BGS. He could end up accounting for half of my case break.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
my last of 4 cases was the worst (or so I thought) as my best hits were a Castro Blue Ref Auto, Harper Ref and a Harper Blue Ref. For my Auto's I didn't get 1 higher than a Blue Ref. (and it was Josh Donaldson ::facepalm:: ) everything else was base and a few Ref's. Besides the Castro the best auto was a base Heathcott. At the time the Harper Blue was selling for $80 and the Ref for $30+. I decided to send them in to BGS and the Harper came back as 9.5's! The last Harper blue 9.5 sold for almost $700 and the Ref for $300! So now my worst case is becoming my best thanks to Harper!

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I would like to thank Stephen Cashburg for my Blue Auto for the $445 I sold it for
and I would also like to thank Jason Heyward for my Chrome Gold Ref Auto $515.
These two cards paid for my case which I paid $800 and then sold another $1300 from everything else and still have more cards to sell.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
BowmanChromeAddict said:
I mentioned this in another thread, but out of the $9550 I spent on my 12 jumbo cases, Strasburg has returned over $3200 by himself...and I still have a BGS 9.5 Auto, 20 bowman raw, 40 bowman at BGS, 2 chrome at BGS. He could end up accounting for half of my case break.

Which goes to show how ridiculous current prices are. You got in early and will make a nice profit. However, double your case price and you lose money. Cases are no more than double your cost... no way to turn a profit now.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Jeff N. said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:

Which goes to show how ridiculous current prices are. You got in early and will make a nice profit. However, double your case price and you lose money. Cases are no more than double your cost... no way to turn a profit now.
Prices of Cashburg were from earlier sales but since prices have gone up His total would have gone up too plus all the cards he is getting back from BGS will be sold at the higher rate also.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Casebusters said:
Jeff N. said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:

Prices of Cashburg were from earlier sales but since prices have gone up His total would have gone up too plus all the cards he is getting back from BGS will be sold at the higher rate also.

Not entirely true. The only things that were sold "early" were a 20 ct lot of Bowman at $5 per and 2 20 ct lots of Bowman Chrome and I got $520 for the first one and $577 for the second one. Everything else that I sold of Strasburg was about 3 weeks or more after release. I was so busy sorting and packing that I didn't list singles. Worked in my favor on Bryce and Stras, but on others it will likely work against me.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I just made money on my 2 cases unopened I flipped them early and was happen with what I got. If I held for 1 more
week I would have almost doubled what I paid for them. Either way I'm happy with the outcome.

Members online

Latest posts