Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cliff Lee...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Ms should do it NOW.

no chance he is coming back, too much BS and losing going around. the only chance he would want to is because Safeco is the best pitchers park in the AL possibly. also great outfield range.

but that wont stop him from wanting out, and speaking of out the Ms are out of the playoff race. with a limp division any team could climb back in, but sadly the Ms are not even close to "any team" :x

Sweeney, their best power/leader guy is out. Fister, their best pitcher is out. it would take a heroic effort of Bradley, Figgins, and Lopez heating up massively. I dont see it, they should trade away.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
They better get a sick haul for him. They should get more than they gave up for Bedard. At the time, that seemed like an unGodly haul.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
55_marlins_sp said:
They better get a sick haul for him. They should get more than they gave up for Bedard. At the time, that seemed like an unGodly haul.

agreed. it would basically make them a WS lock Imo, so they better give some goodies.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
since then I report has came out that says the Yanks arnt interested... now.
that puts some pressure on Boston to nab this guy, as the Yankees are going to get him after the season with a big deal, unless another winning and rich team can snag him now IMO.

of course the Yankees also could be doing a little diversion and be going after him. the Ms obviously want one of their 2 prime catching prospects, as the Ms catching system is pathetic

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Despite all the rumors...I highly doubt the yanks will land Lee.
I also dont believe the Yanks aren't interested anymore...who wouldn't be to get a pitcher like that.
In the end..Lee will find himself back in the NL.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Why should we want Lee, he has had a good year or two, mixed in with years where he was sent back to the minors. He is what 31 or 32 by the time we sign him. He shouldn't be in line for a 5 yr 100 M contract like he will want (if not more). But then again if AJ and Lackey get 85 M, I guess Lee should get more than that. I'd rather save the money.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
darocker80 said:
To the phillies again? hahaha

We should have kept him for the $9 million this year and the 2 draft picks after he left. The 3 bums we got for him were NOT worth it. ....but every Phillies fan knew that when the deal happened and now those "prospects" are just proving us right.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
starting pitching is not what the yankees need.

Pettitte and Hughes are 8-1
Sabathia & Burnett

Javy Vazquez has come around...Why do they need Cliff Lee?

Would it be nice? sure...but come on

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
jdacunha said:

Sabathia & Burnett

I agree, but I dont think a team 'needs' pitching to try and go after a talent like Lee, and the Yankees are no exception. Pettitte, although old, it still pitching well, but for how long? Hughes may be producing this year, but is far from a proven 'top of the rotation' starter in my eyes. Burnet is a quality bottom rotation starter, and Sabathia is the only pitcher they have who I believe should be untouchable.

Adding Lee to the Yankee rotation turns a good, but unpredictable pitching staff, to a dominating rotation.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
matfanofold said:
jdacunha said:

Sabathia & Burnett

I agree, but I dont think a team 'needs' pitching to try and go after a talent like Lee, and the Yankees are no exception. Pettitte, although old, it still pitching well, but for how long? Hughes may be producing this year, but is far from a proven 'top of the rotation' starter in my eyes. Burnet is a quality bottom rotation starter, and Sabathia is the only pitcher they have who I believe should be untouchable.

Adding Lee to the Yankee rotation turns a good, but unpredictable pitching staff, to a dominating rotation.
QFT. Lee would be the "staple" in that rotation. Just imagine cc lee pettite hughes vasquez.

Members online

Latest posts