Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1994 Collectors Choice Michael Jordan error/ variation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Before I start checking through all my boxes, I know I have the above card.
My question is, does anyone know of any sales of the error version?
The scan below is the correct one (black section on bottom) and the error version is all white instead of black.

ib160.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
No idea! I have had the Jordan since they came out. I believe they were from a factory set, possibly. I got it for free at a card shop and my brother got the Bonds from the same set. I am thinking the Up Close all were like that from that particular factory set.

Now, it is possible that they were out of the same "box", and not a factory set, and they were all like that out of the box.

Sorry, I cannot totally remember from 16 years ago, I just totally remember there were quite a few of them from the same set or box, and we were given those ones. I have never seen another until Bunch0Bull's snag off COMC! I really hope it's worth more than 20 cents!

By the way, mine is not White. It's more of a tan.
cards.jpg

regular and silver:
jords.jpg

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
sportscardtheory said:
It looks like the "white" version is just like the silver signature copies without the silver signature.

Definitely on the right track, but having inspected all the cards side by side in the past, I'm pretty sure they're gold signature versions sans the gold powder coat and foil.

Jul 30, 2009
Whats the odds of this happening?

A day after I last read this topic, a kid comes into my store with a binder and inside it were four of these cards (MJ as well).

I asked him if he had any others and he said yes and that he broke up a factory set. So maybe that backs up the thought that these were only in sets?

IMG_20110111_144919.jpg

Members online