Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

USA Cards VS. Future Cards and Potential Autos

I couldn't fit in a question short enough, please read the post lol

• USA cards will maintain or raise a current price

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGamesBest

Sep 20, 2009
White Plains, NY
The USA cards from the 2010 set seem to be doing pretty well. These guys (most of them) just got drafted and will be on future Bowman Chrome cards, some will even get autos. How do you think the future cards of the USA players will effect the price of the 2010 Bowman USA cards once the future cards are released?

Thanks

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I think its obvious that Future Bowman Chrome cards will greatly diminish the value of the 2010 USA cards. Thats my opinion of course, but as soon these USA players get autos with their MLB team, these 2010 USA cards will play second (and third, fourth) fiddle and prices will decrease.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
I believe they will hold decent value, but mostly the patch/autos, higher end autos, etc. Even though Topps is now the only game in town and are making USA chrome, they can't realistically fit them all in their sets. In fact, they have cut back the number of sets in total which will add to that mindset

We saw the trend start with guys like Mike Minor and Nick Franklin. They have chrome autos and the USA stuff still sells well, especially the higher end singles.

USA cards have become relevant again and I think it's great. Who knows if Panini will be putting out anything again in terms of prospects or even baseball.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
G $MONEY$ said:
I think its obvious that Future Bowman Chrome cards will greatly diminish the value of the 2010 USA cards. Thats my opinion of course, but as soon these USA players get autos with their MLB team, these 2010 USA cards will play second (and third, fourth) fiddle and prices will decrease.

I agree with you on this to the extent that we're comparing Topps/Bowman USA chrome cards to Topps/Bowman chrome cards. It's clear that people will like the first chrome auto of a USA player, over their first non-auto USA chrome.

If we are comparing the Upper Deck USA cards to Topps/Bowman USA, I will take the UD version until the player crop wears out their welcome. After that, who knows what's going to happen.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'm hooked on the USA cards. My wife told me "That's not good". :p

I say they maintain value.