Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Want a Saints Super Bowl Ring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeyV

May 20, 2009
New Orleans
http://www.wwl.com/Saints-to-raffle-Sup ... -C/7418437

Jay Vise Reporting
During a trip to Plaquemines Parish to support the area's fight against the oil spill, Saints quarterback Drew Brees announced today that the team is raffling off an authentic Super Bowl ring to raise funds to help support those impacted by the oil spill.

For more information on the raffle, CLICK HERE.

Brees made the announcement to coastal Who Dat Nation weary from the worst-ever U.S. oil spill.

Raffle tickets are $2, with a minimum ticket order being $10, according to Brees.

The winner will be announced prior to the team’s Sept. 9 home opener against Minnesota

At the event in Buras, lLocals were able to aside their misery for a few hours to schmooze with the Super Bowl-champion Saints today.

Saints owner Tom Benson, coach Sean Payton and players greeted a crowd Tuesday at Fort Jackson in Plaquemines Parish.

The fort has been a staging area for cleaning birds rescued from the oil flowing from BP's well in the Gulf of Mexico.

In oppressive heat, a jazz band played while Payton and star quarterback Drew Brees signed autographs.

Benson and others were to have lunch with Gov. Bobby Jindal and area fishermen. A news conference was planned later.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Groat said:
Website for the raffle is here: https://www.celebritiesforcharity.org/r ... s_ring.cfm

They say that if you win, they'll pay the IRS $2178 for tax liability. :shock: How much are one of those things worth?!
Wouldn't that be considered a gift of $2,178 and thus mean you have to pay taxes on that? :lol:

That's great to see them do an auction for charity with a big ticket item. Hopefully it brings in a lot of money that the area could really use right now.

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
Card Magnet said:
Groat said:
Website for the raffle is here: https://www.celebritiesforcharity.org/r ... s_ring.cfm

They say that if you win, they'll pay the IRS $2178 for tax liability. :shock: How much are one of those things worth?!
Wouldn't that be considered a gift of $2,178 and thus mean you have to pay taxes on that? :lol:

Dont know if thats a serious question or not, but no thats not considered a gift. The ring is considered a prize, but IRS doesn't care how pays the tax on winnings/gifts as long as they got paid.
My sister and her husband bought a house a few years back, a year later her in-laws paid off the mortgage and paid the taxes involved in giving the money for the house. So they didn't have to drop a dime.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
alifaxwa2 said:
Card Magnet said:
Groat said:

Dont know if thats a serious question or not, but no thats not considered a gift. The ring is considered a prize, but IRS doesn't care how pays the tax on winnings/gifts as long as they got paid.
My sister and her husband bought a house a few years back, a year later her in-laws paid off the mortgage and paid the taxes involved in giving the money for the house. So they didn't have to drop a dime.
It was kind of a serious question although I chuckled at the thought that it would be taxed, thus making it partially redundant.

That's good info to know.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Crazylox23 said:
I plan on winning this ring and sporting it in the dome opening night against the Vikings.

I plan on winning this ring and telling all the ladies who I don't already know that I was Drew Brees' inspiration and that's why he gave me his ring.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Groat said:
Crazylox23 said:
I plan on winning this ring and sporting it in the dome opening night against the Vikings.

I plan on winning this ring and telling all the ladies who I don't already know that I was Drew Brees' inspiration and that's why he gave me his ring.
I plan on winning it and telling people that I AM Drew Brees.

Members online

Latest posts