Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TBS switches coverage - will air Strasburg Sun.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Blows for me.....but I'm a Sox fan and it was supposed to be Bos/Phi. :(

Saw this posted on a Boston site and just confirmed it on TBS's web site. Know a lot here have the MLB package, but for those without it figured I'd give a heads up that you'll be able to watch Strasburg Sunday afternoon

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Unless TBS gives it up, the Sox/Phils may not be televised at all... MLB doesn't have rights to it if it's on TBS, typically...

Strasburg = Ratings.

God, I hope Lou Marson tees off on Stras...I could use the boost to sell his stuff.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Just read a funny story - figure there's a million Strasburg threads already, so I'll just post it here:

Apparently the Nationals electronic "K" counter only goes to 12. Team officials said they really had no idea as it has not been an issue before. :lol: Guess their going to have to upgrade that,

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
The Nationals just changed the time of the Saturday June 19th game from 7:05 to 4:05. One can only assume that is so they are eligible for a National TV game.

I really hope that is the case and Strasburg pitches on Saturday, because I have tix for the following Friday night's game in Baltimore and that would be the next start. Rumor has been though he will pitch on Friday night so he can pitch again Wednesday at home. Not sure why they would have changed that Saturday game if thats the case.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
Jeff N. said:
Unless TBS gives it up, the Sox/Phils may not be televised at all... MLB doesn't have rights to it if it's on TBS, typically...

Strasburg = Ratings.

God, I hope Lou Marson tees off on Stras...I could use the boost to sell his stuff.

I believe local stations still have access to broadcasting the Sunday day games. I believe the only restrictions are for Fox Saturday and ESPN Sunday night.

(ex: NESN was still going to show Sunday's game when TBS had it on the schedule)

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
jeff550 said:

I saw the "proposed" schedule, and know what the manager said... It is just very confusing as to why they would change a Saturday game against the White Sox to a 4:05 start time? I wouldn't be shocked if his 6/18 start is pushed back a day so that Fox can show the game on the 19th.

The Nationals are smart to not release exact dates for his starts because the sales for 2 games go up instead of 1. When our Season Ticket manager called me today I asked him why the switch was made and he said he couldn't confirm anything related to Strasburg's schedule.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
bigpops65 said:
(ex: NESN was still going to show Sunday's game when TBS had it on the schedule)

that should be correct. TBS will be blacked out in Cleveland/Washington markets to encourage people in those cities to watch the game on their local RSN/over the air station. IF TBS was to be truly national coverage, I don't see the need for blackouts because fans in the cities of the teams involved would have no other way to watch the game.

In the case of the Red Sox and TBS' current national out-of-market coverage rules, if TBS was still picking up the game, it would be blacked out in Boston to encourage those in the NESN viewing area to watch the game on NESN.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Thanks, now I'm sick to my stomach. I have tickets to Saturday's game. I'm assuming they don't allow you to exchange your tickets, even for a fee?

Members online

Latest posts