Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

?? VS. ??... a comparison...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
A comparison of two young players... one has expensive autos and is high on peoples list, one has very few autos and very little love... and their stat's are like mirrors. The only real difference is what spot of the draft and age.

2.png
1.png

What's my point? Nothing... I'm just bored and wondering if this could generate any convo's and educate me (educate a brick) on why the gap in love and $$... age? Draft?

I am sure people will figure out who these players are very quickly.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Big difference is Trout's SB total. To have 31 at this point is incredible. To have 31 and be hitting .370 with a boatload of extra base hits is even more impressive.

Not sure who the top guy is, but his numbers look impressive as well.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
pigskincardboard said:
Without Age, Level and League, it's difficult to interpret statistics.

Dang... I pretty much tried to avoid it since that is the reason why... but I think sometimes youth is over rated and some college ball helps to refine skills

One is A... one is aA... one is 22 and one fish is 18 :D

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
The other is Brandon Belt from San Jose (A affiliate of the Giants). Trout is faster. He has game-changing speed. That's the difference. He's three years younger and thus has more time to develop as well. But he's a game changer. Belt is not.

Ant

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
aminors said:
The other is Brandon Belt from San Jose (A affiliate of the Giants). Trout is faster. He has game-changing speed. That's the difference. He's three years younger and thus has more time to develop as well. But he's a game changer. Belt is not.

Ant

I have never seen either play... so good insight... thank you very much... and I am stat junkie even though numbers can lie, many times the truth will lead you to them.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
loftlife said:
aminors said:

Ant

I have never seen either play... so good insight... thank you very much... and I am stat junkie even though numbers can lie, many times the truth will lead you to them.

I haven't either but I would love to have you listen to a couple of Cedar Rapids Kernels games if you have the time of day. I'm not saying Brandon Belt isn't a good prospect. He hits well for average, has decent pop, but is older and thus more developed. He doesn't have that time that Trout does to develop his power. Trout has from age 18-21 (a huge developmental time) to bulk up, get stronger, and develop more power. Many people think Trout's stats are just the tip of the iceberg in that respect. That's why his prices are so high.

But listen to a few games. Listen to the way Mike Trout can change a game. It's crazy-good. Hell, I might end up holding my blue ref forever.

Ant

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
aminors said:
loftlife said:
aminors said:

Ant

I haven't either but I would love to have you listen to a couple of Cedar Rapids Kernels games if you have the time of day. I'm not saying Brandon Belt isn't a good prospect. He hits well for average, has decent pop, but is older and thus more developed. He doesn't have that time that Trout does to develop his power. Trout has from age 18-21 (a huge developmental time) to bulk up, get stronger, and develop more power. Many people think Trout's stats are just the tip of the iceberg in that respect. That's why his prices are so high.

But listen to a few games. Listen to the way Mike Trout can change a game. It's crazy-good. Hell, I might end up holding my blue ref forever.

Ant

I sold too many trouts. Have a handful left.

I think anyone that's ever been to college knows how quickly your body goes from being a rail to being a fat-drunken mess of beer-calories. Those four years are peak use-it-or-lose-it time in development.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
pigskincardboard said:
aminors said:
loftlife said:
aminors said:

Ant

Ant

I sold too many trouts. Have a handful left.

I think anyone that's ever been to college knows how quickly your body goes from being a rail to being a fat-drunken mess of beer-calories. Those four years are peak use-it-or-lose-it time in development.

And that's the thing. Mike Trout doesn't have the option to lose it. He can only get better. He's got dedication to baseball because his father is/was a coach. He comes from a baseball family. You know, the live-sleep-breathe-baseball type of people. He has nowhere to go but up.

Ant

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
loftlife said:
...wondering if this could generate any convo's and educate me (educate a brick) on why the gap in love and $$... age? Draft?.

Projection is the #1 factor in prospecting. Also, there is a big difference in an 18-year old dominating A-ball and a 22-year old. When younger kids succeed against older competition in the minors, prospectors drool.

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:

Ant

This is not college football

Members online