Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay seller to avoid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
ebay ID: brainz34

Sold me a D. Wright Bowman Chrome Refractor Auto that was trimmed. The back top edge is shorter than the front, and I can see the "refracting" of the front surface while looking at the top edge of the back.

Item in question

Not to mention the card he sent me isn't the one in the auction pic. The one I got has a different looking auto, and has a ding on the upper right front corner.

Scans of the card he sent me:
DavidWright2002BowmanCHromeRefracto.png
DavidWright2002BowmanCHromeRefra-1.png

It's hard to see in the scan, but if you look at the top edge of the back, you can see the front surface is exposed just a bit and is longer than the back, clearly a result of the edge having been shaved.

I've already e-mailed the seller stating my displeasure of getting a trimmed card, and am awaiting his reply. However, I doubt I will get a favorable response (if at all). He isn't selling anything else at the moment, but just a heads up in case he does in the future to be wary.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
The card in the auction looks identical to the one you received, it even clearly shows the dinged corner. Having said that, who is to say he even knew? I think you are calling this guy out too soon.

EDIT: Under closer inspection, I think you are right. Not the same card...

Good Luck!

brumbach

At this point that is the kind of card I would only purchase in a PSA or BGS slab. Too much potential BS buying that card raw to make it worth it in my opinion. Good luck at any rate, that upper right corner is brutal.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Kind of a quick rush to slam the guy on the internet when he hasn't even emailed you back yet isn't it? Not everybody sits on their computer waiting for emails all the time.

Granted, I'm not a fan of sending a card that wasn't pictured but let's see what he does first before plastering his name on the internet.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I guess I have horrible eyes. The autograph looks identical to me. What are the differences?

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
While it may not be the same card, the one in the auction clearly has a dinged upper right corner as well...

Members online