Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Josh Johnson outdueled Roy Halladay tonight !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Kevin - Stats are:

Josh Johnson: 8 IP 3 H 0 ER 1 BB 5 K WIN ERA now is 1.91

Roy Halladay: 8 IP 6 H 1 ER 1 BB 8 K LOSS ERA now is 1.96

Cloud 9 for this guy :geek: !!!!!!!!

brumbach

Why is Baez even allowed in the ballpark at this point?

Time to sit Utley and Werth for a week ala Rollins last year.

Time to dump Raul and Dobbs. Bring up Mayberry, bring Kevin Stocker out of retirement, go track down Hollins, he's probably still playing in a beer league somewhere.

The Phillies have become unwatchable for me with the money they're getting paid. With Luis Aguayo, Robert Person, Ben Rivera, Steve Jeltz, et al, at least you knew you were getting what you paid for. I bet Roy wishes he was back in Toronto on a night like this.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FISH!!!!!!!

Johnson is beyond my wildest dreams for this year. He just keeps earning that TRUE ACE #1 spot.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Every day I appreicate that 2008 combo of Madson/Lidge more and more. The pen sucks big time. Ibanez hasn't
done squat since this time last year. Utley looks awful. If it wasn't for Polanco, Howard and Shane, this team might
never score. The old dog needs to light a fire under some of these guys, this isn't what this teams is about!

Kevin

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Mudcatsfan said:
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FISH!!!!!!!

Johnson is beyond my wildest dreams for this year. He just keeps earning that TRUE ACE #1 spot.

My friends get excited too, when Johnson does well :p

2002BowmanDraftChromeRefractorGoldd.jpg

DSC02500.jpg

DSC00808.jpg

2006SPxGoldAutographdto52.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

DSC02228.jpg

DSC01921.jpg

2007UpperDeckPremierEmergingStarsDu.jpg

2008SweetSpotBatBarrelAutographdto2.jpg

DSC01874.jpg

2008UpperDeckBallparkMLBLogodto3.jpg

DSC02316.jpg

:cool:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
It is really hard to fathom why the Phillies are not scoring runs with the offense they have. I sometimes switch over to the Phillies game when the Orioles are going 0 for 29 with runners in scoring position...only to find out the Phillies are the SAME!!!

I was never big on Ibanez and I don't know what got into him last year to have such a great year...I knew he would struggle this year. I felt bad for him knowing he would never come close to repeating what he did last year and with the Philly fans.

Phillies need J-Roll back..bad. He's the catalyst...period. Victorino did a respectable job in his place but when J Roll is in the lineup, the Phillies are 10x better - whether he's hitting or not. Utley's lack of offense and Howards lack of power (for him) has surprised me too. Someone needs to pick it up.

It really only takes ONE person in that lineup to get things going.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Ibanez and his salary need to be moved or dumped. I doubt any team in the league would willingly take him, ala Burrell. He's never been the same after surgery. It's time for him to go, move up Dom Brown, and resign Werth.

Baez needs to be dumped as well, Mathieson called up. Lidge is back; Madson will be back soon after his stupid chair kicking injury. Rollins should be back in a week or two. Utley needs time off.

This team needs an enema.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Tomlinson21RB said:
I knew he was going to have a good day. I just traded him in fantasy today.

Who the Heck would trade that guy? I know pitching isn't as hard to find, but still...especially if it's a keeper league? :eek:

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Jeff N. said:
Ibanez and his salary need to be moved or dumped. I doubt any team in the league would willingly take him, ala Burrell. He's never been the same after surgery. It's time for him to go, move up Dom Brown, and resign Werth.

Baez needs to be dumped as well, Mathieson called up. Lidge is back; Madson will be back soon after his stupid chair kicking injury. Rollins should be back in a week or two. Utley needs time off.

I actually agree with everything you just typed. Spot on.

ktothep

Aug 7, 2008
I agree with everything you said as well Jeff. I just really cannot understand why Mathieson hasn't been called up. It makes no sense.

The Philadelphia media has been distracted from the Phillies a little bit with the Flyers' great run, but now all the focus is back with the Phils. I thought after that game Monday night, they were going to snap out of it. I'm not that mad about last night because Josh Johnson is that good, but the offense better get some revenge on Matsuzaka and Wakefield this weekend.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
BowmanChromeAddict said:
Jeff N. said:

I dont agree with bringing back Werth, he's a very nice player but i let him walk and take the picks, especially in next years draft. He seems to want alot of money and years and we're already going to regret Ryan Howard's contract.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
phillyfan0417 said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
Jeff N. said:

I dont agree with bringing back Werth, he's a very nice player but i let him walk and take the picks, especially in next years draft. He seems to want alot of money and years and we're already going to regret Ryan Howard's contract.

It's nice to finally see a Phillies fan acknowledge that. Every time I bring it up people seem to think I'm just being mean.

Members online

Latest posts