Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bob Feller ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
... has no love for Strasburg?

"Strasburg's stop in Cleveland is expected to draw the Indians' second-largest crowd this season, along with 91-year-old Hall of Fame pitcher Bob Feller, whose entrance into the majors as a 17-year-old in 1936 created a similar national stir.

Feller didn't seem overly excited to see Strasburg.

"Is he excited to see me? No," Feller said. "I'll be here. If he can throw 105 mph, I'll tell him to throw his changeup at 102."/

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
few pitchers can claim to be greater than Feller, none today are still playing. When you put up the career he did
you can make cracks like that!

Kevin

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, you REALLY need to learn how to edit quotes if you're going to do this. I hardly consider this "no love"...

1. "Is he excited to see me? No," Feller joked. "[But] I'll be there."

2. "...He has a good curveball and a live fastball. He keeps his mouth shut and his eyes and ears open. That's what he should do."

3. "It's good to have somebody refreshing like this..."

4. "...But the hitters are swinging for the fences now. They used to put it in play with two strikes. Now they swing hard three times."

5. And Feller has clearly paid attention to the kid's blossoming career.

Sure, Feller's "been there and done that", but at the end of the day, Feller has positive things to say about him and as it says in the article "...Feller is in favor of any development that's good for spreading appreciation of the game. And Strasburg...certainly fits that category."

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Sly said:
Yeah, you REALLY need to learn how to edit quotes if you're going to do this. I hardly consider this "no love"...

1. "Is he excited to see me? No," Feller joked. "[But] I'll be there."

2. "...He has a good curveball and a live fastball. He keeps his mouth shut and his eyes and ears open. That's what he should do."

3. "It's good to have somebody refreshing like this..."

4. "...But the hitters are swinging for the fences now. They used to put it in play with two strikes. Now they swing hard three times."

5. And Feller has clearly paid attention to the kid's blossoming career.

Sure, Feller's "been there and done that", but at the end of the day, Feller has positive things to say about him and as it says in the article "...Feller is in favor of any development that's good for spreading appreciation of the game. And Strasburg...certainly fits that category."
You just killed the news story with your useless facts. You can tell you're no journalist. ;)

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:
few pitchers can claim to be greater than Feller, none today are still playing. When you put up the career he did

Kevin

Agreed Moyer and Pettite are the only ones close but Feller has more wins and beter ERA.

Nice job butchering the quotes OP. Why the hatred for Feller?

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
Yes, i just cut & pasted from the web story i read ... sheesh

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
It's situations like this that make it apparent that anytime you are trying to directly quote someone or something you should always, if and when possible, post a direct link to the original source. Having said that, Feller has earned the right to say what ever he feels like!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

Agreed Moyer and Pettite are the only ones close but Feller has more wins and beter ERA.

Nice job butchering the quotes OP. Why the hatred for Feller?
Neither Pettitte nor Moyer can hold a candle to Bob Feller. Not even close.

And also, let's not forget that Feller spent 3.5 seasons in the military during WWII, in the middle of his dominance of MLB. Can we project what he lost statistically? Probably. At least another 70+ wins (then locking him up with #11 all-time at 336) and another 800+ strikeouts (placing him with 3381+ strikeouts and #10 all-time).

Feller is one of the most overlooked truly amazing greats in baseball history.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Feller is great. I just love to see him interviewed. I think I am gonig to bid on a few of his cards this weekend

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
JackLondon said:
Rapid Robert doesn't get anywhere near the hobby attention he should.

I think it is because he signs so much, which I can't blame him one bit.
I would sign all day long if someone was paying me.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
goldenegg1 said:
JackLondon said:

That's what they will say about Ripken when he gets to be his age..

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
goldenegg1 said:
JackLondon said:

Yep, he does sign a lot (I would, too, if I were him), but still seems odd that not as many people collect him.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
A few years back, I shared a chili dog with Feller while we talked baseball and WWII. A truly amazing man......a great ball player and an American hero!! I Love Bob!

Members online

Latest posts