Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New collector and would love some help on this Bryce Harper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baseballfan21

Jun 10, 2010
Hello, very new to collecting and picked this Harper at a show and wanted to get any info on it if possible, if i paid to much at 70 to resell, i looked everywhere and cant find anything on it or ebay, thanks in advance

DSCF0009.jpg

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
baseballfan21 said:
Hello, very new to collecting and picked this Harper at a show and wanted to get any info on it if possible, if i paid to much at 70 to resell, i looked everywhere and cant find anything on it or ebay, thanks in advance

DSCF0009.jpg

If you only paid $70, you'll make your money back and THEN some on it.

baseballfan21

Jun 10, 2010
Brett Keith said:
It's probably about a $400 card, you did well.

wow :shock: , really, i was never concered about the authenticity as it has the basic UD stuff on the back, but was hoping it wasnt some promotion card etc, it isnt one of those right, lol

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Welcome to the forums and welcome to collecting! The members here collectively know dang near everything there is to know about sports cards, or so it seems at least. I'm sure they can answer most anything you'd like to know. We hope you stick around for a while and enjoy your time collecting sports cards. :D

baseballfan21

Jun 10, 2010
Groat said:
Welcome to the forums and welcome to collecting! The members here collectively know dang near everything there is to know about sports cards, or so it seems at least. I'm sure they can answer most anything you'd like to know. We hope you stick around for a while and enjoy your time collecting sports cards. :D

Thanks alot, yeah it without a doubt seems so, wow what a message board, I have 5 answers in 10 mins and i posted this on another for days with no response, lol, i will definitely be sticking around and hopefully luck into some steals like this as i was told. No one would believe me if i said an older lady had this, i mean late 40s i bet, in the center of her case, surrounded with a bunch of just basic looking jersey cards, i asked some info on how she recieved it, or pulled and had no info, i figured why not, lol

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
baseballfan21 said:
Groat said:

Thanks alot, yeah it without a doubt seems so, wow what a message board, I have 5 answers in 10 mins and i posted this on another for days with no response, lol, i will definitely be sticking around and hopefully luck into some steals like this as i was told. No one would believe me if i said an older lady had this, i mean late 40s i bet, in the center of her case, surrounded with a bunch of just basic looking jersey cards, i asked some info on how she recieved it, or pulled and had no info, i figured why not, lol

That's how we roll yo.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
YA YOU GOT A STEAL !!! CARDS HIGH BV ( WHICH MEANS NOTHING ON THIS CARD ) IS $300.00

2009 Upper Deck Signature Stars USA National Team Future Watch Patch Autographs #30 Bryce Harper

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS ...HOW DID YOU FIND THE SITE ?

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
The card was a part of 2009 Upper Deck Signature Stars product, if you didn't know that before. Two recent auctions for the far higher numbered jersey parallel of your card can be found here: [ebay:3h2t914p]260613641071[/ebay:3h2t914p] and here [ebay:3h2t914p]250647156205[/ebay:3h2t914p]. I'm sure yours will command the premium that the other members here estimate.

baseballfan21

Jun 10, 2010
CISCOKID23 said:
YA YOU GOT A STEAL !!! CARDS HIGH BV ( WHICH MEANS NOTHING ON THIS CARD ) IS $300.00

2009 Upper Deck Signature Stars USA National Team Future Watch Patch Autographs #30 Bryce Harper

Thanks for that info sweeeeeeet :) I found it on google, i was actually looking up Ultimate Collection and there was a write up on patches and in it had a link that brought me here, lol

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
baseballfan21 said:
CISCOKID23 said:

Thanks for that info sweeeeeeet :) I found it on google, i was actually looking up Ultimate Collection and there was a write up on patches and in it had a link that brought me here, lol

BTW, your message inbox is in the upper right hand corner ;) .

Jul 30, 2009
That card is from 2009 Upper Deck Signature Stars and is an autographed patch.

Heres a current ebay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-UD-Bryce-Harpe ... 9703880498

Keep in mind this really isnt a patch, its a plain jersey, and its numbered to 899. Yours blows it away. Whatever this ends at, you can tack on a good bit more for yours.

There is another Harper card from the same product, but minus any game used material and it isnt numbered, which ended at $311 on ebay.

baseballfan21

Jun 10, 2010
Groat said:
The card was a part of 2009 Upper Deck Signature Stars product, if you didn't know that before. Two recent auctions for the far higher numbered jersey parallel of your card can be found here: [ebay:14uxwxk4]260613641071[/ebay:14uxwxk4] and here [ebay:14uxwxk4]250647156205[/ebay:14uxwxk4]. I'm sure yours will command the premium that the other members here estimate.

again Thanks as no i did not know that as i was typing in the future watch auto patch when i did my searches, not bad at all :D

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
baseballfan21 said:
Is this one of the cards that will rise in value, or sink as other sets come out

The value of this card will most definitely rise as other sets come out, unless it falls because Harper does not perform well. It could also possibly fall in value due to other sets coming out, but it could also rise in value if Harper starts lighting it up in the minors. If he gets called up, it will definitely rise in value, but if he does not get called up in the next 5 years, it might even fall in value. Either way, it is guaranteed to either rise or fall, but there is a slight possibility that its value could stay the same.

Hope this helped. Great pickup!

Members online