Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cap on Jumbo Bowman box prices?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
So with the craziness that Bowman Jumbo box prices going on, what do you think would be the highest price that the jumbo boxes will be going for on ebay? I'm personally thinking $350 by this Sunday provided that Strasburg has a good outing. Reason is that my friend can get some jumbos from his distributor at $200/piece and he's trying to figure out the price to sell them for on ebay. thx

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
If you can get them at $200 per, get them at $200 per.

Right now the Chrome Stras is anywhere between $30 and $75. If it solidifies itself as a $75-$100 card, there's no telling how high the jumbo boxes can go.

ricefan77

Jan 24, 2010
what are some of the bigger cards yet to surface? strasburg 1/1 auto, harper superfractor, rizzo superfractor auto, anything else?

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
yeah he's going to be picking up as much as he can but i don't think he wants to hold it long term. most looking like a short term hold and trying to maximize his profit through flipping it either in his next few starts or so. i told him to look at the trend line for box sales and to assume that when Allen & Ginter comes out, the boxes may stabalize or drop slightly at that point since there's a new baseball product out for people to purchase.

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
All In Cards said:
tell him to buy all that he can, wholesale at most places is over 300

Yea my buddy at a card shop here in San Jose, CA said Jumbos are now at $300! :eek: And they still can't keep them in stock. People are still buying.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Jurgy25 said:
All In Cards said:
tell him to buy all that he can, wholesale at most places is over 300

Yea my buddy at a card shop here in San Jose, CA said Jumbos are now at $300! :eek: And they still can't keep them in stock. People are still buying.

Crazy. You have to think about what you're getting in these boxes. If you get stuck with three base autos and don't hit a decent non-auto parallel, you could legitimately lose $275 on a box of this stuff. Stras stuff definitely helps add value, but it seems like there's just no way $300 for a box can be worth it.

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Jurgy25 said:
[quote="All In Cards":r4mi10mn]tell him to buy all that he can, wholesale at most places is over 300

Crazy. You have to think about what you're getting in these boxes. If you get stuck with three base autos and don't hit a decent non-auto parallel, you could legitimately lose $275 on a box of this stuff. Stras stuff definitely helps add value, but it seems like there's just no way $300 for a box can be worth it.[/quote:r4mi10mn]

My thoughts exactly. I guess you can say that about high end stuff too.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Jurgy25 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Jurgy25 said:
[quote="All In Cards":358kq0tg]tell him to buy all that he can, wholesale at most places is over 300
Crazy. You have to think about what you're getting in these boxes. If you get stuck with three base autos and don't hit a decent non-auto parallel, you could legitimately lose $275 on a box of this stuff. Stras stuff definitely helps add value, but it seems like there's just no way $300 for a box can be worth it.
My thoughts exactly. I guess you can say that about high end stuff too.[/quote:358kq0tg]
Yeah, but Sterling doesn't come out at $200 and then go to $600.

What's going on with these boxes now is just insane. I bought a pack 2 weeks ago for $14, and I thought that was high.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
to me, when you can buy a base Strasburg auto for $500-$600, it would be crazy to buy 2 jumbos HOPING to pull one at the same or higher price. i guess it would be in hopes of getting the Strasburg auto plus a nice colored refractor auto of a high end prospect. but if he had them for sale at his cost, i'd definitely be in to bust one at $200/box. :D

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

It's like the lottery, I guess. You can't win if you don't play. These are crazy prices for Bowman, though. I'm not playing.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Anyone think prices will come down once the Strasburg Red Auto 1/1 surfaces? And maybe the Harper superfractor?

not at all, there is still plenty of value in the base cards.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I think so, but probably not as much as you would think

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Anyone think prices will come down once the Strasburg Red Auto 1/1 surfaces? And maybe the Harper superfractor?

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
This reminds me of the housing/real estate bubble... although on a much smaller scale, obviously. If you're buying now, you'd better be selling now, too! Otherwise, POP! You're under water.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
A few things are fueling the price train

1) no other products are coming out in baseball OR football

2) Stras pitched his @#$ off

3) Bryce Harper is the next Matt La....urrrrr God

Once Ginter comes out, that will help lower prices, but at that point there might not be much left. Also Stras can't
keep these stats up.

Kevin

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
schmidtfan20 said:
A few things are fueling the price train

1) no other products are coming out in baseball OR football

2) Stras pitched his @#$ off

3) Bryce Harper is the next Matt La....urrrrr God

Once Ginter comes out, that will help lower prices, but at that point there might not be much left. Also Stras can't
keep these stats up.

Kevin

Maybe not in the long term thru an entire season, but whose to say he can't put up a string of spectacular starts against the weak teams he's scheduled to face in the next few weeks? That should only fuel the hype train...ride it while ya can, and get off before it derails.

Members online