Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baseball update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
So, I thought I would give an "around the horn" baseball update to everyone.

Brad Stone is on the 7-day DL from the New Orleans Zephyrs with shoulder pain. They flew him back to Florida to run tests. No updates as of yet.

Brian Garman, University of Cincinnati pitcher, was drafted by and has signed with the Brewers. I don't have an update on where he's going from here.

Noah's team played much better tonight and won 13-8 with Noah pitching three innings of shutout baseball. They play the only undefeated team left tomorrow at noon. If we win, we play for the championship on Sunday. If they win, they are champs. Noah also hit a grand slam homerun, a triple, and a single.

That should be it!

Thanks,
David

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
Pine Tar said:
David
Thanks for the up date, and what Noah only had 3 at bats since he 3 hits and missed the
double for the cycle again. :twisted:

If they would have needed to bat in the bottom of the 6th, he would have gotten up. You sound just like Noah. That is one of the first things he said. lol

David

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
Well, Noah's team lost today. Noah said before the game that his brain was just tired. His coach has been very negative all season, but Noah was literally fought with his team to keep them positive and upbeat. It had definitely taken its toll on him, but he kept doing virtually everything he could to keep them upbeat and winning.

They went from 6-9 to 13-11 and finished 2nd place in their league.

Here are his final stats:

Avg: .781
Slugging %: 1.766
RBIs: 61
HRs: 8
3rd: 13
2nd: 13
1st: 16
Runs: 50
Stolen Bases: 69
Caught Stealing: 1

I have told him that I am so proud of how he kept doing everything he could and kept his head up.

Now it is time for him to have lots of fun with his travel team!! He has REALLY been looking forward to playing full-time with them now!

David

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
tramers said:
I hear my autoed item going going GOING up in value . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice!! Already player collecting? Do I need to send you one of each of his cards that I've made? :lol:

He is glad that he's away from his regular season coach and get to work with his travel coach again. You could not find two coaches who are more different.

:p

David

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
Good for him, how old is he? You need to place him into a better leauge it sounds like the local league isn't meeting his playing standards. :D

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
MarlinsManiac20 said:
Good for him, how old is he? You need to place him into a better leauge it sounds like the local league isn't meeting his playing standards. :D

He is 9. I want to preface this by saying that yes, he is my son, but......He is probably the top 9 year old player in his league. Next year, he'll move up to all live pitching and play with 10s, 11s, and 12s. So, that will definitely be much more of a challenge for him, but he's excited to do it.

He wanted to play travel baseball because he wanted to compete against other kids that are tops in their league. His idea has always been that to be the best, you have to play the best. I can't say I disagree, but when a kid is 8 and wants to constantly challenge himself, it is interesting to see. I try to make sure he enjoys it as much as possible, too. This evening, we're meeting the travel team (around 40 kids & parents) at a restaurant, we'll eat and then all of us are going to watch "Karate Kid." We like to do several things like that.

David

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
hoping my oldest G/S gets on a good team next year . i'm pitching under handed now and dodging the hits - he's four

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
I have learned more and more that coaching makes a HUGE difference.

The coach he had last year was such a motivator that he truly got the most out of the players he had. The coach he had this year was such a demotivator that he had a talented team that wouldn't play for him.

Definitely hope that he gets a good coach or it could ruin him.

David

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts