Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scott Elbert being a baby?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casey2884

Aug 7, 2008
Manhattan
Yikes.

Upset over his recent demotion to Triple-A Albuquerque, left-hander Scott Elbert has left the team.
Elbert has been placed on the team's inactive list. The 24-year-old left-hander was called up from Triple-A on May 28, but made only one appearance with the team on May 29 before being sent down. The 2004 first-round pick isn't making any friends in the organization right now.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp...ey=news_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la&partnerId=rss_la

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
I'm not even close to being the most knowledgeable MLB guy, but how can you get pissed when you pitched 2/3 of an inning and walked 3 guys and allowed a hit? Seems like a less than stellar performance if you ask me.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Groat said:
I'm not even close to being the most knowledgeable MLB guy, but how can you get pissed when you pitched 2/3 of an inning and walked 3 guys and allowed a hit? Seems like a less than stellar performance if you ask me.

Maybe he's mad at himself?

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
Casey2884 said:
Yikes.

Upset over his recent demotion to Triple-A Albuquerque, left-hander Scott Elbert has left the team.
Elbert has been placed on the team's inactive list. The 24-year-old left-hander was called up from Triple-A on May 28, but made only one appearance with the team on May 29 before being sent down. The 2004 first-round pick isn't making any friends in the organization right now.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp...ey=news_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la&partnerId=rss_la

That's not at all how I read the article. Sounds like he's having family issues, perhaps related to the new baby in his household. Nothing in the article alluded to the Dodgers being angry about him taking leave.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I can only hope he's pissed and left to cool off, rather than have something wrong with his new child that requires serious medical attention/hospitalization.

If there is anything to be pissed about, it's the Isotopes can't seem to get him run support (or the bullpen blows the victory). He hasn't allowed more than 3R in 4-6 inning starts from late april to current and yet he only has one win to show for it.

Casey2884

Aug 7, 2008
Manhattan
cmnkb8 said:
The OP misquotes the article I think. Yes he is upset, but it says he asked permission and was granted a leave by the team for personal/family matters.

I simply copy and pasted - no quoting or "misquoting" anything - the exact blurb of text was posted online on rotoworld.com around 11pm last night and is still there in it's entirety. Why on earth would I alter a quote?!?!

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Casey2884 said:
cmnkb8 said:
The OP misquotes the article I think. Yes he is upset, but it says he asked permission and was granted a leave by the team for personal/family matters.

I simply copy and pasted - no quoting or "misquoting" anything - the exact blurb of text was posted online on rotoworld.com around 11pm last night and is still there in it's entirety. Why on earth would I alter a quote?!?!

If anything, you posted a misquoted or inaccurate article. You simply noted what was said, you didnt imply it was true.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
Casey2884 said:
cmnkb8 said:

It's easy to see how someone could get confused. It seemed like you were quoting the MLB.com article since the link appeared below the text and there was no indication that the text came from Rotoworld. Just an innocent misunderstanding.

The Rotoworld article itself though is shatty 'journalism'. They're drawing unsupported conclusions from the mlb.com article. Nowhere in the article does it state that he left the team because he was upset with his demotion, or that he was 'losing friends in the organization'.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
So when he was called up did he think he was staying. And when they sent him back down he got mad.
I think teams do this all the time do they not???? :lol:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Pine Tar said:
So when he was called up did he think he was staying. And when they sent him back down he got mad.
I think teams do this all the time do they not???? :lol:

With the Isotopes, don't expect a permanent call-up. X (Xavier Paul) has made the Albuquerque-LA shuttle twice, Jon Link is the veteran of the shuttle with a three-time roundtrip. I think Elbert has two. John Ely and AJ Ellis is all I can think of off the top of my head who was called up and hasn't been back down. Travis Schlichting has been up and back at least once.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
boxbreaker44 said:
Scotty ever coming back?

I think I heard Robert Portnoy (Isotopes radio guy) say he was throwing in arizona, but I doubt he'll be back in 2010 as there are only like 11 games left in the regular season.

I wonder if he's on a one year contract or a longer term one. If it's one year, he probably won't renew with the Dodgers if the issue is being ticked about doing the LA-ABQ shuttle. He's still on the dodgers 40m roster so I guess the Dodgers still have hope in him (or make it easier to bring him up in September when rosters expand).

Members online

Latest posts