Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

hot packs qusetion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
i see these listed on ebay all the time and was wondering how these people know they have the game used or auto cards in them? do they open and reseal the crappy autos and game used???

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
rum151man said:
i see these listed on ebay all the time and was wondering how these people know they have the game used or auto cards in them? do they open and reseal the crappy autos and game used???

they ****** them.. damaging all the cards and then stealing the best ones from kids... just to make a few extra bucks.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
We bought 23 packs of 2010 Bowman a few days ago from Target, it was missing just 1 pack. Sure enough, that pack was the auto. The pack searcher was probably thrilled to buy 1 pack and get a $3 auto most likely. Thankfully he left a pack with a purple strasburg /999 for us!

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
rum151man said:

This is a very sensitive topic and is best not to question how to do it.

Also many of the hot packs are resealed, ensuring that you get a card worth little to nothing while the seller makes out like a thief. If fact they are thieves, stealing from the rest of us.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
bouwob said:
rum151man said:

Also many of the hot packs are resealed, ensuring that you get a card worth little to nothing while the seller makes out like a thief. If fact they are thieves, stealing from the rest of us.

Correct. They are not stealing from the kids, as people will often say. The kids don't complain about pack searchers. We do.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
mudflap02 said:
bouwob said:
rum151man said:

Correct. They are not stealing from the kids, as people will often say. The kids don't complain about pack searchers. We do.

sure, they are stealing from everyone...

but who has the most fun pulling a D-list all white jersey? and who really can only afford the cheap retail stuff?

IMO they steal from kids the most. although everyone suffers. the pack searching double dbag leader does vids on youtube if Im not mistaken. you can tell its his only think in life hes actually proud of :x

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Jesus Christ, can we stop with the "poor kids" crap?

I haven't seen a kid in the card aisle in Walmart in over a year.

In fact, the only people I see in the card aisle are adults and they're usually cleaning the store out of 2010 Bowman so they can go hock blasters on eBay for a profit.

Effectively ruining the hobby for the "poor kids" by taking away their chance to pull a card of their newest hero, Stephen Strasburg.

It's even more pathetic than pack searching

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
i was just curious i figured they just resealed them i always wanted to test them by buying a pack and then sending them a message that there was no auto or jersey card in there. and there answer would be i know there was one in there. then i would respond how do you know? then they would probably just offer refund because they cant say because i put it in there. just to get them back ?????? i would never really do that but it would be pretty funny

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
frzg said:
We bought 23 packs of 2010 Bowman a few days ago from Target, it was missing just 1 pack. Sure enough, that pack was the auto. The pack searcher was probably thrilled to buy 1 pack and get a $3 auto most likely. Thankfully he left a pack with a purple strasburg /999 for us!

i dont understand how they can tell which one out of 24 packs is the auto especially in the bowman there the same size as all the other cards??? these guys have too much time on there hands

RandomH

rum151man said:
frzg said:

i dont understand how they can tell which one out of 24 packs is the auto especially in the bowman there the same size as all the other cards??? these guys have too much time on there hands
many just buy the 24 packs and open them and reseal them then sell.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010

i have seen ppl in the stores with scales. The auto because it is on a sticker will weigh a little different like .02 grams an they just buy those packs. When ppl use to use the beckett boards forever ago there were some interesting articles of ppl confronting these ppl. So even had pictures of ppl weighing out the packs. Usually long reads but interesting that the store didnt care most of the time. The photos where fat middle age men who couldnt get laid sitting on the ground with stacks of packs they were gonna buy.

Members online

Latest posts