Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow! Bird was better than I ever thought

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaqattak

Dec 20, 2008
While being bored over Christmas at the in-laws I watched an old game on ESPN ('85 Finals game 4) and caught the last of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th. In this game Bird took over in the fourth and was absolutely awesome. He nailed the outside shots, stole the ball a couple of times and blocked some shots and was the difference maker in this game. I was really impressed and found myself on the edge of my seat to see what he was going to do next. He even threw a creative shot over his head backwards when going to the basket and it almost went in only bouncing off the rim. This made me sorry I never paid any attention to him, however this is really b/c I did not get into Basketball until I was twelve in '92 and by then his back was so bad I guess he didn't have much left in him. Those of you who followed Bird and Magic, which of the two were the better one?

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I followed them when they 1st came out if college.They had some battles between them.It would be hard to pick between them.If you want to see a good game.Watch the game where Majic played center for the Lakers in the Finals.Just amazing at how he looked in that game.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Magic was a Showman and Bird just played ball. There defense was about equal and if you wanted someone to post up you would use Magic and if you wanted someone to hit an outside shot you would pick Bird. In all Honesty those 2 guy were as close to being equally as good as I have ever seen. They both had different type of Games.

Members online