Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does it bother anybody else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
subpop77 said:
The 2010 Topps using plain black ink to serial #cards :?
I guess I'm used to them being stamped not printed like UD used to do.
I don't like it either. I hope they go switch back next year.

mrangrydonut

Nov 27, 2009
Does it reduce the number of cards the pack searchers can find? If so, then I'm all for the black ink.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
17ROCKIES12 said:
I don't like it either. I hope they go switch back next year.

I doubt it. It's probably easier to use the toner-based printing for mass-producing card numbering, adding the code to contest cards, and adding the code to toppstown cards.

If they went back to just numbering cards and got rid of toppstown and contest code cards, you might see a return to foil numbering.

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
mrangrydonut said:
Does it reduce the number of cards the pack searchers can find? If so, then I'm all for the black ink.
only hand #'d cards of a print run of 15 or under like on A&G likw cards. Packsearchers are gonna search as long as there are ******'s out there. It looks half assed if you ask me.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
This may sound moronic, but my favorite was the Allen & Ginter Bazooka Mini Hand Numbering.

I would appreciate a little more hand numbering, maybe not every single card hand-numbered, but maybe every card #'d /25 or less, I would like that.

On a different note, Bowman (Im pretty sure Topps produces these, like prints them) has gold foil numbering. I had to check and make sure, but they do!

I hate this years Topps numbering, the black stamp thing. But hand-numbering just makes it special. Like someone took the time to write out the numbering, but I would love to see like two 22/25 just because the person made a mistake in the hand numbering!

Members online