Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

lol @ sportscardforum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
I was banned a while back for "bad trading" even though a TRADE never went awry. I had under 20 feedback so I had to send first. I was fine with that. A few transactions in (ALL positive), I agree to a sale with someone over there. Anyways, we agree to make it, and then he tells me I have to send first before he pays. Is that a joke? A sale is when you pay for something and then receive what you paid for. Anyways when I refused to send before receiving payment, the dude complained about me, and I was banned for "bad trading." Weird considering no trades went wrong, just a sale, and it wasnt my fault.

ANyways that was about a year ago. I make a new account about a month ago, again having under 20 transactions, and again I have to send first. I am fine with that. I make 3 transactions, in which I had to send first everytime, including a high end one (premier barrel), and everything went perfectly. I have 3 positive transactions. Anyways, I go to log on today, and I am banned for "bad trading." Date ban will be lifted: Never.
LOL wow scf sucks so much. even though a lot of the members are good traders and very nice, the mods are a bunchof idiots.

edit- forgot about this

The sad part is, the mods over there are so dumb.
The first time they banned me, when I didnt scam anyone, the mods almost cost me to scam someone. When they banned me I was in the middle of a deal, where someone sent me a certified check (wow a sale, and he was willing to send first), and I had to wait for it to clear before I sent his item (100 dollar item too). Anyways the day after I cashed it, scf tards banned me, so I no longer had the guys address. I had to go above and beyond to NOT scam the guy, as I had to desperatly search for his address. I could not get onto scf, so there was no way for me to do so. Anyways, I ended up emailing a mod over there and getting the guys contact information, but it is so sad the mods over there thought I was a scammer, and them banning me almost cost me to be one when I wasnt one in the first place. SO DUMB

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
The sad part is, the mods over there are so dumb.
The first time they banned me, when I didnt scam anyone, the mods almost cost me to scam someone. When they banned me I was in the middle of a deal, where someone sent me a certified check (wow a sale, and he was willing to send first), and I had to wait for it to clear before I sent his item (100 dollar item too). Anyways the day after I cashed it, scf tards banned me, so I no longer had the guys address. I had to go above and beyond to NOT scam the guy, as I had to desperatly search for his address. I could not get onto scf, so there was no way for me to do so. Anyways, I ended up emailing a mod over there and getting the guys contact information, but it is so sad the mods over there thought I was a scammer, and them banning me almost cost me to be one when I wasnt one in the first place. SO DUMB

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
magicpapa said:
thats why were #1 and they are #2 ;)

Exactly. No one likes a **** trading card forum. That's why Beckett went to the crapper even before they shot themselves in the foot with the site changes. I pray to the card gods that FCB never gets that way.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
1st4040 said:
take it up with the site owner.. he lives right here in Ma. and actually was at my LCS a few months ago.

I dont care enough to do so. I was just stating how pathetic a site that place is. Wheres your LCS located though. I only have one I can get to (since I cant drive).

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
I'm such a bad trader for completing every deal I made the first time around (10 I think), and all three the second time around.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I don't care what a site's policy is. They can make their little MSF rules for trading, but a sale is sending money and then receiving an item. Not the other way around. I would NEVER send a card without being paid first. Absolutely not.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I don't care what a site's policy is. They can make their little MSF rules for trading, but a sale is sending money and then receiving an item. Not the other way around. I would NEVER send a card without being paid first. Absolutely not.

Exactly. Thanks you.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
Hobby Kings does it too. I see both sides of the issue, and whether you are sending cash or card first there is a built in risk. The concept is to keep from having new people roll in and scam people out of their money. What ever the rules of the site are you have two choices... comply or don't do any trades/sells/buys... it's not that big of a deal.

I don't understand why you would feel so compelled to go back to the same place you had problems with, then complain about it. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Do you guys not find it insane that the mods banning me put a member at a better chance of being scammed (because I had to go out of my way to get his info) completly stupid on the mods part over there?

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
That's why I love TCC and FCB - no mandatory "MSF" rules unless you are on a restriction as a bad trader.

The only time I can see the seller sending first is in the case of a bad trader restriction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts