Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A bit OT: Info needed on Stonewall Jackson cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Hey guys,

I don't know where to post this, but I was looking for any info on any Stonewall Jackson cards that have been made. A Google/eBay search came up with two wide-release cards.

1952 Look 'n See Military Leaders

2006 A&G

Does anyone know of any more that were printed, or have any of these available? Graded or parallel? I'd be interested in a trade or buy. I didn't see any Relics either, but if they exist, I'd be interested.

My buddy who has the store listed in the Sig is a Civil War fan, and just had a baby boy named after Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, which was also his Dad's name. Any help would be appreciated!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
It's not "the" Stonewall Jackson (the general), but a 1935 Diamond Stars or a 1940 Play Ball Travis "Stonewall" Jackson card would make a great gift!

1_dc198176baeb0be8a69b80eed55e1c97.jpg

AutoThumbnail.axd

As for the general, Beckett also lists a 1937 Thrilling Moments #35 Stonewall Jackson (Military)

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
The Confederate General Stonewall Jackson? I know the 1st year of Mystery Cuts they had a 1/1 cut of his. I grew up near Stone Mt. Georgia so I remember it. On a side note, way back in the woods on our property we had a Sherman Bow Tie( thats when the Union Army tore up railroad tracks and bent them around tree trunks, I used to play around there alot and wondered what it was like at that moment in time etc.)

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I saw the ball player with the same name, but I'm really looking for info on the General's cards. Thanks for the heads-up though!

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
coltsnsox07 said:
The Confederate General Stonewall Jackson? I know the 1st year of Mystery Cuts they had a 1/1 cut of his. I grew up near Stone Mt. Georgia so I remember it. On a side note, way back in the woods on our property we had a Sherman Bow Tie( thats when the Union Army tore up railroad tracks and bent them around tree trunks, I used to play around there alot and wondered what it was like at that moment in time etc.)

the bow tie is awesome. I would think that that would have some value to civil war collectors

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
There was a very nice Civil War card set released in the 90s that's kind of pricey on the market that would have one. I'll try to dig and see if I can find the info on it. I was looking to pick one up for my brother (huge Civil War buff as well), but it was just a bit out of my range at the time.

EDIT - I meant a set in the 60s that was pricey. It was from Topps. There are a few other sets from the 90s though.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
PS. There are quite a few Jackson (general guy) cards from the 19th Century-1930s.
Some are pricey though.

ie.
N15 Allen and Ginter Great Generals
N78 Dukes Tobacco History of Generals
N114 History of General
N377 H.Ellis Generals of the Civil War
T64 Generals Cigars
etc.

You can ask the guys at the Net54 Nonsport message board for a full list (and scans), they are experts in 19th Century/early 20th Century N,T,E,R, etc cards.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/526604/

Members online

Latest posts