Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hamels>Strasburg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Seriously, why did the golden boy need a rookie to come in and
clean up his mess?

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
schmidtfan20 said:
Seriously, why did the golden boy need a rookie to come in and
clean up his mess?

Im just going to throw this out there, Strasburg is a rookie, this was his second start, he is not going to be perfect. Although I love Hamels, Strasburg is pretty good. Hamels has had to have relievers come in and clean up his messes too, MANY times.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
schmidtfan20 said:
Both struck out 8 and got wins but Cole didn't
need a diaper change after loading the bases.

Kevin

I was AT the game and Hamels was far from perfect out there.

Hamels ERA is in the high 4.00s
Strasburg's ERA is in the low 2.00s

And the end result for both was the same, a win.

Nice thread though. Made a lot of sense.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
bigpops65 said:
schmidtfan20 said:
Both struck out 8 and got wins but Cole didn't
need a diaper change after loading the bases.

Kevin

I was AT the game and Hamels was far from perfect out there.

Hamels ERA is in the high 4.00s
Strasburg's ERA is in the low 2.00s

And the end result for both was the same, a win.

Nice thread though. Made a lot of sense.

Love the sarcasm.

And Strasburg has only pitched two games ;) Although those stats might be the same at the end of the season.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
so no one can answer my question to why he was pulled after loading the bases...isn't he the best pitcher
on the team? Seems like they didn't want him to look bad if he made a bad pitch.

and I can assure you that what Cole did against the Red Sox is MUCH more impressive than what Stras did
against the Indians!

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
schmidtfan20 said:
so no one can answer my question to why he was pulled after loading the bases...isn't he the best pitcher
on the team? Seems like they didn't want him to look bad if he made a bad pitch.

and I can assure you that what Cole did against the Red Sox is MUCH more impressive than what Stras did
against the Indians!
because he couldent throw the ball over the plate, and they wanted to win the game

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:

against the Indians!

He was at 95 pitches, he just walked two consecutive people to load the base, and kept falling off the mound when he was pitching.

I would have pulled him to. At the point, they had a 5-run lead. Keeping him in would have done nothing.

Kid is in his second MLB start, what are you expecting?

Members online

Latest posts