Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Miguel Cabrera Is the Best Hitter in Baseball This Year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Which makes it very sad to see him in third place for All Star voting.

At least Morneau passed Teixeira for the 1B lead.

Speaking of Morneau, what puts Cabrera ahead of him? I think it's pretty clear that Morneau's BABIP will regress but if we're just judging the numbers, Morneau is having a better season. I'm sure Cano's got his fair share of regression to undergo as well but everyone always has that random outlier year.

With that said, 3 incredibly hitters and I think Cabrera finishes up with the best numbers by a smidgen.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Speaking of Morneau, what puts Cabrera ahead of him? I think it's pretty clear that Morneau's BABIP will regress but if we're just judging the numbers, Morneau is having a better season. I'm sure Cano's got his fair share of regression to undergo as well but everyone always has that random outlier year.

With that said, 3 incredibly hitters and I think Cabrera finishes up with the best numbers by a smidgen.

6 more hrs and 13 more rbi's i would say puts him ahead of morneau, and morneau will end the season right around 300 and maybe lower in average considering his career avg is 285..

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Name Team BB% K% BB/K AVG OBP SLG OPS ISO Spd BABIP wRC wRAA wOBA
Justin Morneau Twins 17.5 % 21.0 % 1.02 .357 .467 .648 1.115 .290 2.1 .400 59.9 30.0 .470
Kevin Youkilis Red Sox 17.5 % 16.0 % 1.38 .316 .450 .590 1.039 .274 5.8 .325 58.0 26.7 .449
Andre Ethier Dodgers 9.8 % 14.0 % 0.79 .351 .415 .643 1.058 .292 2.6 .355 41.6 19.1 .448
Miguel Cabrera Tigers 11.3 % 15.9 % 0.81 .332 .409 .646 1.055 .314 2.4 .329 54.1 24.1 .442
Robinson Cano Yankees 6.3 % 12.7 % 0.55 .371 .414 .604 1.018 .233 3.6 .385 54.6 23.3 .434

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
and I got his autograph last year outside Yankee Stadium on the highway............ :D

he signed on the SS too...

any complainers?????????

MorneauMVP33

Mar 24, 2010
Fargo, ND
KOBEARODLT said:
pigskincardboard said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

6 more hrs and 13 more rbi's i would say puts him ahead of morneau, and morneau will end the season right around 300 and maybe lower in average considering his career avg is 285..

The difference is 5 HR and 10 RBI by the way...and the discussion is not talking about where Morneau may or may not end the season or career numbers, it's this season, and so far this season, Morneau is the best hitter in baseball with a few others close behind him.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
MorneauMVP33 said:
The difference is 5 HR and 10 RBI by the way...and the discussion is not talking about where Morneau may or may not end the season or career numbers, it's this season, and so far this season, Morneau is the best hitter in baseball with a few others close behind him.

Says "MorneauMVP33" :lol:

Just so you know, Cano has:

16 More hits than Morneau
1 Less Home Run
6 More RBIs
7 more runs scored

Csno has a .371 avg. Morneau: .357

How exactly is Morneau the best hitter in baseball.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
im pretty sure its 13 and 6 man, i just looked on espn...and how is morneau a better hitter than triple crown contender?

also, i would take cano ahead of morneau as well

MorneauMVP33 said:
KOBEARODLT said:
pigskincardboard said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

MorneauMVP33

Mar 24, 2010
Fargo, ND
KOBEARODLT said:
im pretty sure its 13 and 6 man, i just looked on espn...and how is morneau a better hitter than triple crown contender?

MorneauMVP33 said:
KOBEARODLT said:
pigskincardboard said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Didn't notice that Cabrera hit a 3R HR today, my bad on that, if Cabrera is a Triple Crown contender then you have to put Morneau in that category as well.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
MorneauMVP33 said:
KOBEARODLT said:

MorneauMVP33 said:
KOBEARODLT said:
pigskincardboard said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":2b6edr4p]Which makes it very sad to see him in third place for All Star voting.

Didn't notice that Cabrera hit a 3R HR today, my bad on that, if Cabrera is a Triple Crown contender then you have to put Morneau in that category as well.[/quote:2b6edr4p]

how...hes 14th in hr's and cabreras first....morneaus 19th in rbis and cabreras first....

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
MorneauMVP33 said:
KOBEARODLT said:

MorneauMVP33 said:
KOBEARODLT said:
pigskincardboard said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":1244o0wt]Which makes it very sad to see him in third place for All Star voting.

Didn't notice that Cabrera hit a 3R HR today, my bad on that, if Cabrera is a Triple Crown contender then you have to put Morneau in that category as well.[/quote:1244o0wt]

No, Justin Morneau will never win a batting title. He has hit over .300 twice in seven big league seasons. He will never get close, that is the man that bats third in the order job. I am sorry man I know your a big Morneau fan and no doubt he is off to a good start like all the guys' mentioned in this thread, but he is not a triple crown contender. Miggy ls a very special blend and is one of the few guys' that can do it all at the plate.

Members online

Latest posts