Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which SP are going to the All-Star game: NATIONAL

Who will be going to the All-Star game? (PLEASE CHOOSE SEVEN PITCHERS)

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Everyone knows - with the three no hitters (or four), two perfect games (or three depending on how you look at it), and the plethora of NEAR no-hitters...that this is the pitchers year.

I thought it would be interesting to put up polls for both AMERICAN and NATIONAL to see who would be going to the All-Star game. This has to be the most difficult decision the All-Star managers have had in over a decade.

Let's assume that only 7 starting pitchers go (there could be one or two more for each team - but for the poll's sake let's assume only 7 go).

IMPORTANT: You have to remember that one rep from each team HAS to go - so in case of the Indians - Mitch Talbot is most likely the rep for that team b/c their hitting is HORRIBLE!!!

This one is especially hard b/c there are about 15 NL staring pitchers that could win up on the team come July.

APOLOGIES TO: Jamie Garica (Wainwright and Carpenter in front of you and ERA won't last), Livan Hernandez (other Nationals will go), Anibal Sanchez (other Marlins will go), Clayton Kershaw, Mat Latos and Jon Garland (one of these two will be the Padres rep but they would take up TWO poll slots, so they were left out), and Mike Leake (I just dont see him going even though he's having a great rookie season - Jonny Gomes, Scott Rolen, and Cordero will go before him)

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
So by popularity (as of right now) the top 3 are:
1. Ubaldo
2. Doc
3. Lincecum

:) hopefully he gets it rolling, has at least 2 more wins and a sub 3 ERA and being the reigning back to back cy young he'll get in (def not gonna start like last year).

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Write in vote for Gallardo.

I think Dan Haren's posed for 2 or 3 dominating starts as well. Oh, and the whole leading the league in SO. Definite Hat tip to him.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
pigskincardboard said:
Write in vote for Gallardo.

I think Dan Haren's posed for 2 or 3 dominating starts as well. Oh, and the whole leading the league in SO. Definite Hat tip to him.
he'll lose that league lead in 3 days

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
pigskincardboard said:
Now that Lincecum's beat Pittsburgh and Oakland, I guess we're done with his run of 4 consecutive 5BB performances?
should've beat pittsburg but bull pen blew it...yess he has what like 7 games were he had the lead and the bull pen blew it.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
darocker80 said:
pigskincardboard said:
Now that Lincecum's beat Pittsburgh and Oakland, I guess we're done with his run of 4 consecutive 5BB performances?
should've beat pittsburg but bull pen blew it...yess he has what like 7 games were he had the lead and the bull pen blew it.

That's why wins mean so very little. He's pitched two great games after stinking up the joint for a month.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
pigskincardboard said:
darocker80 said:
pigskincardboard said:

That's why wins mean so very little. He's pitched two great games after stinking up the joint for a month.
Ya he must've had some bad weed or something.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
I don't see how it wouldn't be either Halladay or Ubaldo. It'll be Charlie Manuel's decision.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
you are so supposed to be selecting seven pitchers that are GOING to the all-star game, not who is starting.

jbone17 said:
Jimenez and why is this even close.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
I think Dan Haren has bounced back from a rough beginning and hopefully make be an All-Star (crossing my fingers!).

Also I don't understand why Carlos Silva doesn't have more votes because unless something crazy happens he is definitely going make the All-Star team for the first time.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
jeff550 said:
you left out strasburg

If he keeps pitching well - I fully expect MLB to sneak him into that final player fan ballot. That way they can cash in and say it's who the fans wanted to see and who the fans voted for.....As I'm sure no matter what he does it would be hard straight up selecting him over someone that played 2 more months. Or he may go out and suck it up in a couple starts and make it a moot point anyway.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Reds in 2009 said:
I think Dan Haren has bounced back from a rough beginning and hopefully make be an All-Star (crossing my fingers!).

Also I don't understand why Carlos Silva doesn't have more votes because unless something crazy happens he is definitely going make the All-Star team for the first time.
is Haren's ERA still over 4.50?

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
darocker80 said:
Reds in 2009 said:

Yeah, 4.61 :x

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Agreed on the carlos silva point. He has been great. His only loss was a 2-1 defeat in which he pitched very well. He will make the team unless he totally falls apart his next 3 starts.

Skrip

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Reds in 2009 said:
darocker80 said:
[quote="Reds in 2009":14kggvrf]I think Dan Haren has bounced back from a rough beginning and hopefully make be an All-Star (crossing my fingers!).

Yeah, 4.61 :x[/quote:14kggvrf]
wow! that's almost as odd as lincecum having an ERA over 3 :/

Members online