Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Historic Autographs - Inquiry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trwilson08

Jun 13, 2010
I like this product, and am wondering what anyone else has pulled. If you like them, if so why, if not why, etc...

I am collecting as many as I can, and am interested to see how my collection compares

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I've seen these online but not in person. Which company is putting them out? Is there any way you could put a scan/photo of a card back up? I haven't seen what the backs look like. I need a Don Zimmer version for my player collection, one of them sold on eBay (he has #/8 in the product) for more than I thought it would. I'm just wondering if they are produced by a "name brand" company. They look like a Razor product.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Not to take away from your collection, but I think they look like crap.

Brad - Best I can tell, they are not made by anyone. It seems to be a group of guys who owned a bunch of cut autos, and 3x5s.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Honest question...

What is your stake in this product? IE: It's your company, a buddy's company, or something else?

The reason I ask is that the product is pretty much a total dog, and your two posts have concentrated on this product.

My thought? 90+% of the autographs can be bought in bulk at less than $5 per index card, and the lack of design is hardly a plus. The autograph authentication fees on these cards are worth more than the autographs themselves. I like how some former all-stars are included, but the lack of any sort of individualized information on them is gross.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I think this guy has something to do with this product as well. It's a highly unattractive product but it seems like the greatest thing since sliced bread in the OP's post.

trwilson08

Jun 13, 2010
No stake whatsoever. I like them. The ones I have for what I paid are decent, and I just simply like them.

Am trying to collect as many as I can and am willing to buy.

I like that they are authenticated already as well

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Are they being sold in hobby shops, or just online? What is SRP? Do they come in packs, or do just the slabs show up online?

I agree the design is very uninspired and for the most part the names in the product are weak. It looks to be about as impressive as the old Special Olympics 1/1 cards (which isn't saying much), and about as important to me personally. All said though, I would buy a Zimmer if cheap enough.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
trwilson08 said:
No stake whatsoever. I like them. The ones I have for what I paid are decent, and I just simply like them.

Do you have a list of the ones you have? Or scans/photobucket showing your collection? Just curious as what cuts you bought.

trwilson08

Jun 13, 2010
LOL you guys are funny. Isn't someone allowed to like a product these days? Even if it isn't the most attractive or wanted item, everyone is entitled to their own favorites, no?

Why is it always a "conspiracy" or something like that?

I'm a normal collector in NY and happen to like these cards.

trwilson08

Jun 13, 2010
I have a checklist at home. Will have later. I have 70 at least if not more

200lbhockeyplayer said:
trwilson08 said:

Do you have a list of the ones you have? Or scans/photobucket showing your collection? Just curious as what cuts you bought.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
trwilson08 said:
LOL you guys are funny. Isn't someone allowed to like a product these days? Even if it isn't the most attractive or wanted item, everyone is entitled to their own favorites, no?

Why is it always a "conspiracy" or something like that?

I'm a normal collector in NY and happen to like these cards.
It's no conspiracy, it just seems odd for a new user to come in an only want to discuss a product that was bashed fairly hard here.

That said, if you like them, that's great. Clearly people are buying this product, it's just not of interest to me at all - I'd rather buy the index cards for a couple bucks and do something else with them. I'm also shocked that some of the cuts are framed so poorly when the window clearly would fit the cut appropriately.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Just found a listing that answered my questions. Over $50 per auto on these? No thanks!

!BsoydNwCWk~$(KGrHqQOKjoEvO0ucsKfBL4uHDV9z!~~_3.jpg

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS :
- Every Shrinkwrapped, Factory Sealed Box Contains (3) Psa/Dna Encapsulated Cuts/Index Cards!

- Guaranteed To Have At Least One Major League Baseball Hall Of Fame Autograph Per Box!

- Over (800) Different MLB Hall Of Famers & All-Stars - Both Past And Present!
- Limited Production Run Of Only 3000 Boxes!
- Every Card Individually Numbered!
- All Cards Are Eligible For Inclusion In The PSA Set Registry!

All cards are eligible for inclusion in the PSA Set Registry under 2010 Historic Autograph Hall of Fame and All-Star Edition!

"GROUP A" AUTOGRAPHS (rate of 1 per 100 boxes) include players such as Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Ty Cobb, Jimmie Foxx, Rogers Hornsby, Roger Bresnahan, Jackie Robinson, Walter Johnson, Tony Lazzeri, Mel Ott & Honus Wagner!

"GROUP B" AUTOGRAPHS (rate of 1 per 25 boxes) include players such as Mickey Mantle, Paul Waner, Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Dazzy Vance, Jim Bottomley, Connie Mack, Chuck Klein, Willie Mays, Sandy Koufax, Gil Hodges, Nellie Fox, Eddie Collins, Dizzy Dean, Joe Gordon, Clark Griffith, Roger Maris, Satchel Paige, Ed Walsh plus others!

MODERN STARS AUTOGRAPHS include Derek Jeter, Barry Bonds, Randy Johnson, Mike Piazza, Mark McGwire, Cal Ripken, Jr. plus others!

VERY LIMITED PRODUCTION !!!

A_Pharis

Hey, guys. I am selling a 1 in 100 shot at getting a handshake. You also get a 1 in 25 shot at getting punched in the ribs. The other side of those odds is a kick in the balls. Only $100 per chance.

Any takers?

[/sarcasm]

I'd buy a single on eBay if it were a steal. Otherwise -- blech.

trwilson08

Jun 13, 2010
Well I happen to like them. Yes I'm a new user, and yes I will continue to collect them.

Thanks for your input though :)

Anyone who has any of these "bad" cards, I am willing to buy!

A_Pharis

trwilson08 said:
Well I happen to like them. Yes I'm a new user, and yes I will continue to collect them.

Thanks for your input though :)

Anyone who has any of these "bad" cards, I am willing to buy!

So your "buying" thread got moved to the proper forum, and you decide to cleverly disguise another buy thread in the Baseball forum by starting it as an "Inquiry" thread?
I don't think anyone here busted this bust of a product.

trwilson08

Jun 13, 2010
Wow A_Pharis, you are a miserable person huh?

Same with the rest of you.

I have often wondered why people are so miserable and mean about things...especiallt...wait for it... CARD COLLECTING!

Learn to pick your battles a little better chief

A_Pharis

Who's picking a battle?

You asked for people's input on the product, and everyone responds with their opinion on the matter. You then make another post saying you are willing to buy any and all, which - shocker - is exactly what your first thread was all about. It subsequently got moved to the proper forum, as should this one.

Yes, we get it.. you like the product. Those who have posted - including me - don't. If you want to buy them, stop asking for opinions and calling people miserable, because the product is so bad that it seems odd for ANYONE to try to hype it (which is what you are doing, believe it or not).

It's not about picking battles, it's about easing into topics instead of trying to forge forward on a topic in your first dozen posts and getting bitter when people don't share your opinion.

trwilson08

Jun 13, 2010
Well I thank you for your "input" Sir.

It's nice to see such a nice welcome to this site.

It's people like you that ruin this hobby for the rest of us.

Members online

Latest posts