Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So here's a new ebay issue for ya

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Well, it's new to me.

Bought item. Item was sent by seller, D/C. D/C says it was delivered.

Only problem? It wasn't delivered here.

So, a charge back would probably be a bad idea as there is proof of delivery. I feel bad with a negative feedback, as I have no proof he sent it to the wrong address. The zip code it was sent to was mine. That being said, it is the SELLER'S responsibility to get the item to me. And while the USPS may have lost it, the USPS was acting as his agent.

Thoughts?

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
some guy pulled that same move on an item less than 250 ... dc shows delivered to my zip and paypal decided in sellers favor since according to their rules it was followed

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I had this happen before. I had insurance on the package and the USPS didn't approve the insurance claim.

If he has proof of insurance added to the package, I don't think you have a problem with him, rather USPS.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Have always thought it was BS that PayPal considers DC to be proof of delivery. All it proves is delivery to a zip code.

There are 30,000+ people in my zipcode, and much more in other towns/cities.

Couldn't a postal carrier theoretically scan the DC, and just keep the package?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
lkk116 said:
some guy pulled that same move on an item less than 250 ... dc shows delivered to my zip and paypal decided in sellers favor since according to their rules it was followed

Oh, I'm aware that paypal will side with the seller. I am out the $8 or so. That's not a big deal; I'm wrestling with a feedback issue.

Neutral seems more appropriate... however the seller is not being especially helpful. If in the same situation, I'd be willing to split the difference in the cost....

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I always worry about this sort of thing with DC. It doesn't prove anything, just that something was mailed to a zip code. You could theoretically send an empty envelope with DC... it'll show up as delivered... seller is off the hook. Doesn't make sense, but I guess paypal/ebay has to draw the line SOMEWHERE.

Thankfully, the vast majority of transactions go down OK, its just that we only read about the bad ones and thus they're seemingly quite frequent.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
or if u know someone in the same zip code send it to that address. delivery shows item was delivered to that zip code and you still have the item.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Does paypal/ebay take the money from the seller or because the seller followed instructions that paypal/ebay will reimburse the buyer and seller doesnt get charged?

A_Pharis

I had a client order a laptop display from his home, and the shipping for UPS showed delivered. Apparently, the driver couldn't find his house and left it witht he clerk at a convenience store a mile down the road.

To add to that, he hardly EVER visits this store. He didn't even know the clerk. It just so happens, though, that the kid working was related to someone on the same road as him.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
When the seller purchases DC from PayPal, it shows the full address in their transaction history, so PayPal can see if it was in fact sent to the right address. If it was not sent via PayPal, then you're SOL.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Card Magnet said:
When the seller purchases DC from PayPal, it shows the full address in their transaction history, so PayPal can see if it was in fact sent to the right address. If it was not sent via PayPal, then you're SOL.

and this is y u shud use paypal shipping im finna use it now but prolly not

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
This happened to me too. Don't give up hope. I went to the local PO and told them what happened. They went to the delivery guy and the card showed up the next day. Just ask. He may have accidently delivered it to a wrong address or it may have fallen behind something in his truck.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
In the future, eBay/PayPal will require sellers to use online postage tied directly to the seller's eBay account. This will prevent sellers from recycling DC numbers because the confirmation number will be assigned to a transaction number.

One day we will have self-scanning postal recepticals, sorting lines, and mail boxes, with duty positions and delivery routes recorded and assigned to specific workers and carriers based upon ID number.

When these days come, loss due to fraud will be cut drastically because accountabilty is a forced hand.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
My mail carrier has scanned a few package for delivery to my house but actually delivered them on the next block.
I did not get any even though they showed delivering to my address in the system. So a total of 3 packages where
delivered somewhere else. I know something was wrong since 3 different ones showed delivered. So I ask the mail carrier
if she remembers 3 bubble mailers and she was nope.....then said hold on I think they are at this house. goes there and asked if they were in fact there. I got them back. But this can and will happen again and again.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
BunchOBull said:
In the future, eBay/PayPal will require sellers to use online postage tied directly to the seller's eBay account. This will prevent sellers from recycling DC numbers because the confirmation number will be assigned to a transaction number.

One day we will have self-scanning postal recepticals, sorting lines, and mail boxes, with duty positions and delivery routes recorded and assigned to specific workers and carriers based upon ID number.

When these days come, loss due to fraud will be cut drastically because accountabilty is a forced hand.
No this is a forced hand :lol:

Picture deleted, in bad taste, MOD

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Happened to me and lost paypal claim. I got 3 other items the same day, just not one in particular. Showed delivered, so I lost.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
This happens to me occasionally as well. I live at 11643 Havenner Road, and less than a quarter mile away there is a 11643 Havenner Court. I've become relatively friendly with them, as we both get each other's mail every once in a while. Usually we just put it in the correct mail box on our way out somewhere.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
Do you live in a condo, or townhouse where mailboxes are all together?

When I was living in my condo I would get my neighbors mail once in a while that had DC on it and it showed as delivered. More than likely I would say the Post Office screwed up and delivered this to the wrong place.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Item Significantly Different than Description:

Envelope, while shown as delivered, was empty of contents. As the item doesn't exist, barring a shift in the time-space continuum, it is inherently different from the description. If the continuum has shifted and the item appears 3 days after it was delivered, I'll be sure to notify you. Until then, this claim is logical and valid.

Peace Out,