Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is this Pujols item?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Does anyone on here know what this Albert Pujols item is, what year it was made or how it was distributed?

PK.jpg

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
It's a rare MLB licensed IUD.

Of course people were confused where to put the Pujols IUD.

* Sorry...had too. *

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
It's a game (can't think of the name right of hand). I know the other player collectors would know.

Some are rare, others not so much.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
They are from an Upper Deck game called "BreaKeys." They are little plastic keys that fit together on the ends. You put the ends together, twist, and whoever's key broke lost the battle. Released in 2004. They came in packages similar to this:

a3830i0_Breakey_w.jpg

That's the Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon version package, but the baseball was basically the same.

The keys were different colored plastic. Certain colors were rarer than others, with like 4 or 5 different levels of rarity.

I can't find the thread, maybe it was on Beckett. I got several packages of these in those multi-pack variety boxes several years ago. Still have many of them, but sold or gave away some to player collectors. I had a Mike Piazza one that was clear plastic with sparkles embedded in it that was one of the rarer ones.

People hated these because 1) they are really cheesy 2) any game where you break your collectible is a no-no with collectors.

Jul 30, 2009
I demo'ed these with UD, it was a kids game to say the least.

You went around to others and challenged them and whoever's key broke, lost.
The keys had codes on them which did something online. The perk of winning was getting your challengers codes.

It was fun, to a point. How much fun can you have though after five minutes of doing this?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
gracecollector said:
They are from an Upper Deck game called "BreaKeys." They are little plastic keys that fit together on the ends. You put the ends together, twist, and whoever's key broke lost the battle. Released in 2004. They came in packages similar to this:

a3830i0_Breakey_w.jpg

That's the Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon version package, but the baseball was basically the same.

The keys were different colored plastic. Certain colors were rarer than others, with like 4 or 5 different levels of rarity.

I can't find the thread, maybe it was on Beckett. I got several packages of these in those multi-pack variety boxes several years ago. Still have many of them, but sold or gave away some to player collectors. I had a Mike Piazza one that was clear plastic with sparkles embedded in it that was one of the rarer ones.

People hated these because 1) they are really cheesy 2) any game where you break your collectible is a no-no with collectors.

Wow last year I got a box of stuff for 6.99 at Toys-r-us one of those mixed packs thingy and 2 of those were in there.
I still have them some were around here un opened. LOL

Members online

Latest posts