Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tim Lincecum sketch card (TOO FUNNY!!!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
So these cards come blank and the person who pulls it draws their own sketch? Is that what these are all about?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
jgro85 said:
I can't see the Q&A for some reason?
Q: Hello, I am interested in this piece. However, you claim lifelike detail, and your piece is far from it. I did a freeze frame of the actual play, and at the point when Galarraga had the ball and the base, the runner was clearly mid stride en route to stepping on the bag. In this depiction, the runner clearly has 2 setps remaining. Furthermore, why is Jim Joyce positioned in foul territory? Where is the crowd? Why does affore-mentioned Detroit player have one longer leg? I am still interested, but if you set up a buy it now for me would you be able to get a hold of the unknown artist for me somehow in order to have a nose and ears added for me? If I am paying this much for perfection as you say, I expect to receive nothing short of it. Thank You

A: Please understand this hand-drawn image is a parody of the now imfamous perfect game play, and thought it's gathered much interest, I must sell it "as-is". The artist has exercised a creative license to express his craft, and it's known that the runner being out of frame is a comedic exaggeration. I'm afraid it cannot be altered in any way. Also, this auction isn't set-up for a "Buy It Now" transaction, I ask that you bid accordingly.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Both of those are awesome. I wasn't sold on the blank sketch cards, but now I am. :lol:

Other than the art work being subpar compared to hired artists, the subject matter is far funnier.

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
shakes head

just WOW

anyone know what these are going for blank i know a true sketch artest who would love to try this and submit the card to topps

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
jmagic87 said:
shakes head

just WOW

anyone know what these are going for blank i know a true sketch artest who would love to try this and submit the card to topps

You can get 'em for about $2 if you buy a small lot on ebay...

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Although its a funny sketch (and probably true), I think Topps made a huge mistake by inserting these blank sketch cards. Talk about saving some money by not paying true artists.

Allen

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Bruin7 said:
Although its a funny sketch (and probably true), I think Topps made a huge mistake by inserting these blank sketch cards. Talk about saving some money by not paying true artists.

Allen

i dunno, i think all these sketch cards are hilarious and topps is probably laughing at them as well

they aren't intended to be collectible, they are intended to be fun

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
cgilmo said:
Bruin7 said:

Allen

i dunno, i think all these sketch cards are hilarious and topps is probably laughing at them as well

they aren't intended to be collectible, they are intended to be fun

Yep. Also too, they were intended to be used in the contest. The more I've thought about it, the more I like the idea. It's something different.

Members online

Latest posts