Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A new kind of "card" - Bug inspired.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
The thread about the bug card, the size of the casing, and the idea of new types of 'shadow box' card display's gave me the idea to make a thread highlighting any ideas for a new type of collectable. Just for fun ofcourse. There were a few good ideas in that thread like bat barrel, or name plate display's, but lest get really creative here! Lets pretend that in the near future, card companies will start to offer redemptions for these type of 'display cards', what creative ideas would you have for them?

Here are a few I was thinking...

1. Auto'd shoe logo (like nike swoosh)
2. Game used gatorade cup - auto'd.
3. Game used batting glove.

And on the back, it can have a full color photo of said item(s), with a brief description of how it came to be.

Anyway, these are a few ideas I had, and I'd love to hear yours!

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
17ROCKIES12 said:
Artificial turf

That would be cool, expecially if it were from a stadium that no longer existed. Like from the Astrodome or something.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Or how about a game worn necklace like the Kind Beckett wears?

Or, the bloody sock?

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
matfanofold said:
Or how about a game worn necklace like the Kind Beckett wears?

Or, the bloody sock?

I've seen game used sunglasses of Andruw a couple of times issued by ASI (with full cert/photo match), his memorabilia company. I'm not sure you could get a guy to give up a necklace since most players that where them have an attachment to it.

They put a bobbleankle with the bloody sock. It's a pretty cool piece if you can find one.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
A piece of the pitching rubber as from the all-star game or something important
maybe a larger piece of say batting helmet :D
sosa_zoom.jpg

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
matfanofold said:
The thread about the bug card, the size of the casing, and the idea of new types of 'shadow box' card display's gave me the idea to make a thread highlighting any ideas for a new type of collectable. Just for fun ofcourse. There were a few good ideas in that thread like bat barrel, or name plate display's, but lest get really creative here! Lets pretend that in the near future, card companies will start to offer redemptions for these type of 'display cards', what creative ideas would you have for them?

Here are a few I was thinking...

1. Auto'd shoe logo (like nike swoosh)
2. Game used gatorade cup - auto'd.
3. Game used batting glove.

And on the back, it can have a full color photo of said item(s), with a brief description of how it came to be.

Anyway, these are a few ideas I had, and I'd love to hear yours!

Disappointed that no manufactorer has come out with a GU Shoelace. Plenty of cards could be produced w/said piece of "jersey".

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Pine Tar said:
A piece of the pitching rubber as from the all-star game or something important
maybe a larger piece of say batting helmet :D
sosa_zoom.jpg

Both very cool ideas!

I would like to get a nice slab of the pitching rubber, auto'd, from Cashburgs debut. They could probablly slice that thing up in to 10 large pieces and make a really cool collectable!

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Full hat logos, bench or wall pieces, pitcher mounds and base corners, umpires pitch count tool, glasses, champaign corks and a host of othe items would be cool.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
55_marlins_sp said:
Disappointed that no manufactorer has come out with a GU Shoelace. Plenty of cards could be produced w/said piece of "jersey".

Football has had football laces for awhile, but not sure about shoelaces.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
After someone wins a division or championship they always wear those Speedo goggles to keep champagne out of their eyes. Use the goggles in cards or as a whole.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
thenumberonemetfan said:
CASTROHELMETCARDcopy.jpg

I remember Topps inserted some old presidents glasses in triple threads a few years back, dont think it was ever pulled.

Did you just make that? Thats awesome!

Members online